Spike TV extreme 4X4

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 3puttcop, Jul 31, 2005.

1. 3puttcop

3puttcop

1 pm est…Thinks it’s a repeat from yesterday, I Tivo’d yesterday while working and just watched a few ago….Good Tellico footage, except their doing it in some frankenstein J@#ps.

2. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Supposedly the the chick, Jese I think, is a Cruiserhead and wants to build one next season.

3. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

Media:
    Albums:
    just watched the show, it was almost a half hour of "100 ways a jeep will break"

That shot of the tereflex in action looked sketchy.

4. 89s rule

89s rule

i watched today as well. looked cool especially getting out message of offroading. I have also heard the same about Jese the girl. Supposedly she was at a few TLCA events last year.

I find it funny that they did a budget buildup and the total was $5K Just rather funny.

No telling what I could bild with that type of cash and about 1/2 their welding skills.

5. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    I saw here at Truckfest here in Denver. They were filming an episode there. Since she's a cruiserhead I might have to take the BJ out to C.O.R.E Where they are taking the truck to test it once it's done.

6. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    sorry wes...core will be closed when they are filming.

7. FJ40onNOS

FJ40onNOS

i watched the today, they should of built up a cruiser for 5k and watch it beat the s*** out of the "hardcore Heep"!! but you guys know if they build up a cruiser that dude will call it a J&&P a few time!! i think if thwy would of aired down while wheeling they would of done better, it seem like they where running like 30 lbs~ Grady

8. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
  9. Alaskan40

Alaskan40

What advantage did Jesse gain from running her boggers backward on that yellow heep?

10. Gus

Gus SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I was asking myself why they never build anything particularly unique, Heeps and GMs are a dime a dozen. I'd be happy to see them build anything from a Cruiser to a Scout

11. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

You already know the answer to that. Way more Jeeps than Cruisers= Sponsors that make Jeep parts= More aftermarket sales.....also = more relevance for a greater number of fans.

I would like to see a cruiser build-up, but I am glad I'm not part of the mainstream.

12. just-john

just-john

Sweet.... I'd like to know what kind of cruiser she was planning on building...Is it wrong to be turned on by chicks with wrenches and welders?

13. brian

brian SILVER Star

no, but she has tats in what i think are odd places. the back of the upper arms and the backs of both lower legs :confused: but other than that i'd jump on'er.

<hijack/on>
    anybody ever see the OLD shadetree mech show(early 90's) where they were working on a 40?
    they pulled the motor and sent it to a machine shop...

14. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    i dont know if it was the same girl...cant remember. but at tellico this year during GSMTR there was some welder chic there from TV...maybe the same one. It was at least cool to see trails that you have been on...on tv. Alough they stopped showing footage before then even got to the tough part of the trail know as jaws...

15. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Jesse was at our Roundup, this past year, very cool chick, she and my daughter and Woody's wife "C" were like the 3 stooges, into everything, they got real involved in the rollover contest after the raffle and band..... :D :eek:
    Yes she is a Cruiser head, and they are at least doing some things besides airbagging new Dodges and installing electric running boards
    Butch

16. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

Media:
    Albums:

no sh!t, their show and Trucks were 2 half hour commercials for banks for about a month. One more banks "bolt on build up" and i would of never watched the show again. Not that it matters, i think the target demographic for the show is 15yr old boys that love jeeps. And the demographic for trucks is ex-winger fans that have squirl nut hugger jeans. to quote the truck guy "that is awWwsome....he..he.."

17. Sporin

Sporin Site Addict SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    ALL HorsepowerTV, Extreme4x4 and Trucks! are all basically commercials. They are paid for in full by the sponsors who's products you see plugged in each one.

I always record them and can get through all 3 in about 30 minutes by fastforwarding through the junk. If you just accept them for what they are then you will enjoy it alot more. :) :)

18. AKcruzr

AKcruzr

Media:
    Albums:
    The best part was when the piss poorly designed no traction bar having spring over caused massive axle wrap and broke the rear drive shaft.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.