Spike. 1965 FJ45 LWB Survivor from an Arizona hill side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you mean the rebuild kit?
Kit with shaft. Not cheap but nothing is. PM him

38251D9D-5B11-4BD0-9CD0-68920A80162C.jpeg

New suspension, tail light lens, and parking brake lights arrived. I remember in 2008 when I restored my last 45 the springs were not an issue. Fast forward to know and I had trouble lifting them to a cart just to bring around to my shop. :frown:

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2561.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey, you guys aren't getting older--they must be making them springs outta heavier steel--says someone who's been there !

We all keep trying--until the "bad back" syndrome sidelines you. Had my scissors-lift table for a few years now.

I don't think you could have found a better restoration candidate anywhere on the planet. Fixing those speaker and radio holes looked to be the toughest repairs you needed to do. Now it's just time and money. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed. Great job.

Last picture shows the original ball and claw axle bushing. SOR was the only one "saying" they had a replacement. They stated: Final finishing required to fit bushing. Luckily I have a friend much smarter than I am. He made a jig to fit and then on a metal lathe machined the end smooth so now it will work. For the price they cost I would have thought they would have been a better fit. Oh well... another piece of the puzzle solved.

I doubt anyone else will but if you use the original axles like I am, "I know a guy" that can machine the bushings for you....

IMG_2595.jpeg

IMG_2594.jpeg

IMG_2593.jpeg

70164577918__DD781FD0-65E4-4F10-A93C-49251F4E68D7.jpeg

Glad that you got it. I saw it when, it was advertised in El Paso but was in AZ. I would have had to move it to PA.

As far as color I keep going back and forth. I had decided on dune beige but the last 45 I restored was Nebula Green. Still love and think that color is great and received a ton of compliments about the color. So Nebula it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom