Speedometer sensor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys

just a bit confused and probably a silly question I have a 1994 GXL 80 series, 1FZ-FE ,A442F AUTO, check engine light was coming up and throwing the code for the #1 speedometer sensor

Now looking at replacements I don’t mind going aftermarket however am not actually sure which one to buy as there are two types I’m seeing a lot of ‘WITHOUT CABLE’

Could somebody shed some light on the situation?

I don’t have cruise control or ABS

Hey guys

just a bit confused and probably a silly question I have a 1994 GXL 80 series, 1FZ-FE ,A442F AUTO, check engine light was coming up and throwing the code for the #1 speedometer sensor

Now looking at replacements I don’t mind going aftermarket however am not actually sure which one to buy as there are two types I’m seeing a lot of ‘WITHOUT CABLE’

Could somebody shed some light on the situation?

I don’t have cruise control or ABS
The 93+ years have a sensor on the transfer case and no cable, hence "without cable". Prior years have a cable.

Don't do aftermarket if you can avoid it. The few dollars in savings will be offset by having to do it again.

Buy parts from McGeorge Toyota or partsouq. Not all dealerships are equal in pricing.

if sensor on transmission is working but speedometer gauge not showing the speed, help on what to look for when removing the speed gauge?

same problem, VSS working, no errors (engine check blinking), the next step is removing the cluster gauge itself and checking if the speedometer board is ok... and following any other advice when/if given

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom