Speedometer noise in Dash needle wobbling on 92' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So it sounds like a gear is going out on the 92's speedometer (in-dash). It is still working but wobbling a bit and making a grinding noise in unison with speed (more low-pitched whining when fast, less when slow). Think I have heard it before but now it is permanent. Drove 200 miles yesterday and noticed wobble but no noise. It was a bit colder this morning (50s) and it was loud.

Im sure this has been covered here but I couldnt find it. I'm assuming it will be out soon, and wanted some info as far as parts etc. and what else I should check/do while in there. I dont need fancy lights but maybe I would like the D to Light up again

Solutions? I want a working speedo btw

Speedo cables die, or need to be cleaned/lubed. Can disconnect it from the far end, pull the cable out of the housing, clean, re-grease and see if that works?

Speedo cables die, or need to be cleaned/lubed. Can disconnect it from the far end, pull the cable out of the housing, clean, re-grease and see if that works?
Ok, my gasser 80 is doing the same...how do you reinsert the cable?

Simply slide it back in the sleeve, and rotate it until it clicks into place when fully inserted.

Easier than I thought. Lithium grease for lube?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom