Speedometer delete t case cap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replaced my speedo cable as the old one broke. This seems to just make it without room to spare and as it is pretty well stretched I think it is leaking. The gauge is still having issues as it was before the old one broke, so for the time being I’m looking for a cap to blank it off.

Does anyone know what size/pitch these threads are? Is it BSPT like the engine block?

Thanks!

53EA59E3-94F5-4DEF-AD35-EF3109176031.jpeg

I cut the old cable, used the end piece and siliconed a quarter in there and screwed it on, might of been a nickel.

I tapped mine and put in a 3/4 npt pipe plug.
And now that I just taking and seeing this pic, I gotta go see if that really is a crack there.

TC Plug 01.jpeg

I grabbed an M20 nut and it’s too small/ too corse. I was able to try it on a parts T case housing I had stashed away. I’m thinking it’s an M22 fine thread, so I am going to find a cap nut in that size and give it as shot. I’ll report back.
2D468594-077A-4CEE-A80D-83274A0D3618.jpeg

Clearly not the right pitch

BC331948-FFF2-42DC-A8CB-6D2346D8CA95.jpeg

I never noticed but the parts T case, which is missing just about everything else, had this busted speedo cable extension. Does anyone still make these? It measures a bit under 22

If that doesn’t work… the nickel does fit with a little filling
28628BF1-0C3B-4F34-8772-BBB8DB6CAB4B.jpeg

I grabbed an M20 nut and it’s too small/ too corse. I was able to try it on a parts T case housing I had stashed away. I’m thinking it’s an M22 fine thread, so I am going to find a cap nut in that size and give it as shot. I’ll report back.
View attachment 3062881

Clearly not the right pitch

View attachment 3062882

I never noticed but the parts T case, which is missing just about everything else, had this busted speedo cable extension. Does anyone still make these? It measures a bit under 22

If that doesn’t work… the nickel does fit with a little filling
View attachment 3062885
Nevada Speedometer, Sparks NV can make any cable needed. They've made a few T-case shorties for me. Also I think Marin Crawlers, BTBpro.com has them also.

Nevada Speedometer 878 Marietta Way Sparks, NV Auto Repair - MapQuest - https://www.mapquest.com/us/nevada/nevada-speedometer-10702428

Found my order receipt

Screenshot_20220718-221835_Gmail.jpg

Bolt Nut Metric Thread M22X1.5 M22 x 1.5 Female Banjo Cap Plug Plated Steel https://a.co/bJ7m02m

For those of us who buy everything on Amazon.

had this busted speedo cable extension. Does anyone still make these?
Trail Gear and Advanced adapters make a Toyota speedo extension cable. But they are more than a nickel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom