Speedometer calibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zooguy

SILVER Star
Threads
Yes I know I've read the post about the little yellow box that can be installed near the transmission but I can't find where to buy it or if it's still being sold. Are there any other options I'm running 33 inch tires and my speedometer is a little bit off but also I understand that can also so an inaccurate number for the odometer. .... are there any other options out there?

Yes I know I've read the post about the little yellow box that can be installed near the transmission but I can't find where to buy it or if it's still being sold. Are there any other options I'm running 33 inch tires and my speedometer is a little bit off but also I understand that can also so an inaccurate number for the odometer. .... are there any other options out there?
The Yellow box has worked great for me. I actually remembered that it was installed the other day when I had my kick panel out, and thought it was cool that I haven't had to even think about it since I installed it.

I used one of these instead of the Yellow Box. Works great, easy to program, no wiring...all the good things. :)

There was another one that popped up some months ago that a guy used that was bluetooth enabled. Much like the "yellow box" it was spliced in between the ECU and dash cluster. I wanna say he was putting it into an 80 but it was compatible with 100s too.

I will advise you to skip the SuperLift TrueSpeed. After 8 months of reliable use my cruise control would randomly quit on the interstate. After another 4 months my speedometer was intermittent (but if you squeezed the TrueSpeed unit the speedo would usually come back), followed by a complete failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom