speedometer calibration with larger tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We just purchased a 2000 LC and I noticed the speedometer shows about 5-6 miles slower than the actual speed. The wheels have been replaced with larger tires/rims. Is there a way to calibrate the speedometer? Thanks!

I just installed the Lutz auto speedo calibration and it's been great. Similar to yellow box

I went through 2-3 yellowboxes before I purchased a Lutz Auto. The LA has been great so far. The plastic cover on the device IS NOT safe around warm exhaust parts, find somewhere more creative to hang it.

I went through 2-3 yellowboxes before I purchased a Lutz Auto. The LA has been great so far. The plastic cover on the device IS NOT safe around warm exhaust parts, find somewhere more creative to hang it.
where did you end up putting yours? I did it per their instructions zip-tied to the factory harness up close to the floor. I'll crawl under and double check to see how it's doing

Well I certainly didn't put it near the exhaust the second time around..

I just zipped it up as far from anything hot as I could. One knock against this unit vs the yellowbox is the length of the harness. An extension would have been nice; it may even be available and I just missed it.

Still happier with this one than the yb though.

LA box is less $$ too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom