Speedometer Cable Seal at Case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexasLandCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
pin.it
Reading a 2012 thread about the cable. Pulled mine and someone said careful with the little cotton seal that keep fluid going up cable to dash. Welp it’s plastic or Teflon I guess but the top speedometer side of the seal was cut at a 45 and fluid slowly puking out the connector at back of gauge. Pushed the coagulated grease out the clip hole at the base of the connector. Not buying another cable because of the seal. Thought a minute what I have that has same firmness yet still press to seal. Connector laying on the bench, clipped it, slightly big but those are heat shrunk onto connector so quick heat gun and snug as a bug in a rug. Hope it holds, but the crap I cleaned out the connector for the gauge was like chunks. In the photo of the cable you can see the little white mangled seal.

Should I flush the cable housing? If so pressure from a can push some oil through or just put it back in?

hat said what is proper backfill lube? I have some liquid moly. Graphite liquid or steal some lube from the hub on the boat trailer? Have I missed something?

CD4BFF08-B1C3-4CD3-88E0-7BA91D0C08BE.jpeg

1A3E6F8E-3D8A-4838-99CA-10E932A00B68.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom