Speedo-sleeve on inner cv tulip sealing surface (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed a groove on the sealing surface of my inner cv tulip. The oil seal leaks. I’m thinking of installing a shaft repair sleeve.

Anyone tried this on their cv tulip where it mates with the diff oil seal?

In terms of the oil seal, you can replace that specifically. They part numbers are in the link.

You'll find lots of info and pictures on this thread.

Last edited:
Thanks. Already replaced seal from instructions on mud. Still leaks. I’m pretty sure it’s the groove on the shaft.

Is it flush with the differential? I'm on the downhill side of this job and from reading all the posts on rebooting, it looks like an error that causes leaking with the seal is seating it too deeply.

The oil seal should only be put in so far that if you put a straight edge over the end of the axle tube, it
should touch the axle tube and the lip of the oil seal. If you drove it any further in than that, it's probably going to leak.

I noticed a groove on the sealing surface of my inner cv tulip. The oil seal leaks. I’m thinking of installing a shaft repair sleeve.

Post a picture.

If we are talking about the diff seal, has it recently or ever been replaced? Are the CV axles OEM? Need more details.

The only way to repair a leaking diff seal, is to replace it. (with an OEM Toyota seal)

I'm with you @abuck99 need more detail?

If you mean you see groove boot of CV tulip fits into of front drive shaft. Re-clamp it in the groove.

If your speaking of differential side oil seal, that seals axle of front drive shaft so gear lube does not come out of differential, replace the seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom