Speedo housing leaks ........ Valley Hybrids dual seal housings. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are these still available Georg @orangefj45 ? I sent a request for quote from your website a while back but didn't hear anything.

Are these still available Georg @orangefj45 ? I sent a request for quote from your website a while back but didn't hear anything.
Yes absolutely!!!
Please feel free to call the shop 209-475-8808 or email us at Valleyhybrids4x4@gmail.com
Thanks in advance!
Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America

I’m going to snag one as well!

But tell me more about the Allen head bolts for the drum brake. That seems like a huge improvement!

Georg @orangefj45 should there be some grease applied in the outside seal since it doesn’t get lubed from the tcase oil?

I’m going through the installation now, actually all the cleanup first, lol. Question on the two o-ring seals that come in the kit - I know where the larger diameter one goes, but not the smaller diameter one. I don’t have one like that in what I’m removing. Have a call into Georg @orangefj45 but he’s off for a few days, so trying to get this installed sooner than later.

The little o-ring fits snuggly on the shaft with the plastic gear, and I see there is a groove on the inside of the sleeve. So does it spin with the shaft in that groove in the sleeve?

I didn’t get or have a felt disk. The tip of the speedometer cable has a rubber seal on it. And my bushing is plastic of some sort split lengthwise, not metal like yours @bhsdriller.

This is a great old thread from @Poser Transfer leak at speedo cable but I still have the above question to feel secure before buttoning everything up (and waiting for replacement drum from John Pardi - my existing one works ok with speedy sleeve and single seal line, but not with dual seal lines as the outer seal will ride on the edge of the speedy sleeve).

Last edited:

😂 found the old ring, it was there in the slot. New one in, a bit of resistance that I assume will subside over time.

Follow-up, no pics ’cuz they wouldn’t show anything new tech wise, but got this installed. No leaks so far 😆 I’ll check back in in 10 yrs with a follow-up :p. Another great interaction with Georg @orangefj45 and his gang, great product and service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom