Speedo housing leaks ........ Valley Hybrids dual seal housings. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
We’ve had a number of inquiries for these recently so I thought I’d start a thread.
As most of you know, the most common transfer case leak on any FJ 40, 45 or 55 is typically the rear extension housing and E break area.
Quite a number of years ago somebody came up with the idea to put two seals in the extension housing instead of one. This requires machining the rear seal bore to create room for a second seal.
We offer these housings ready for install; in kit form. The kit includes a machined housing that has gone they the wash, been bead blasted and painted with 2 seals already installed. We also include a set of 4 Allen bolts to attach the e-brake backing plates; the factory hex bolts are a royal PITA and prone to rounding off. We also include a new speedo o-ring, extension housing gasket and stake but as well as 2 drain plug crush washers. That way every part needed for the job is included.

The kit costs $129 plus $12 shipping CONUS. There’s a $75 core charge that will be refunded if a serviceable used extension housing is returned to us.

Install is pretty straight forward. Happy to elaborate.
Some pics below.
We can also supply new ebrake shoes as shown below.
Let me know if you have any questions, we’re happy to help.

Georg
Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

B5EC5321-BEE6-4BCC-8EE5-EBB0716DF904.jpeg
4EA49A2F-7739-4AC1-8D3C-D09E078F5309.jpeg

Last edited:
The kits are $129 plus $11 shipping CONUS. There is a $75 fully refundable core charge for the extension housing.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Last edited:
Awesome Georg - I’m assuming you put one of these on the early 3spd/Tcase you built for me a while back? When I get back under my ‘65 40 I’ll get one for it. I speedi sleeved it a few years back, looks like it might be leaking again, Do you recommend speedi sleeving the shaft if its grooved when using these double seal units?

Awesome Georg - I’m assuming you put one of these on the early 3spd/Tcase you built for me a while back? When I get back under my ‘65 40 I’ll get one for it. I speedi sleeved it a few years back, looks like it might be leaking again, Do you recommend speedi sleeving the shaft if its grooved when using these double seal units?
That depends on how long ago we rebuilt your case. If the ebrake drum seal surface has a groove worn into it, then a speedy sleeve isn’t a bad idea.

Just installed one on the 78, had a constant drop after driving. Installed this weekend, and took for a spin.... NO DRIPS!
Thanks George for quality parts and service!

Just installed one on the 78, had a constant drop after driving. Installed this weekend, and took for a spin.... NO DRIPS!
Thanks George for quality parts and service!
Thanks fir the kind words and ongoing support.
much appreciated bud!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America

If I sent you my extension housing would you do this mod and send it back to me? I have an '85 BJ45 split transfer case with drum parking brake - the housing is different but the seal is the same.

If I sent you my extension housing would you do this mod and send it back to me? I have an '85 BJ45 split transfer case with drum parking brake - the housing is different but the seal is the same.
Yes we can do that. I have a few of the split case “e-brake” type Speedo housings here.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America

Gorge,
I'm thing that I may have one of the oldest of these double-seal housings in existence. I'm running Morgan's doubler out of his 55, which he ran on the First ever Rubicon Pigrun in 2000. Someone who had a hand in building it put in the double seal.
Now would be a good time for me to replace those seals, since I have to replace the parking brake cable.
Would you have a good part number handy for those seals?
thanks,
Gerg

Gorge,
I'm thing that I may have one of the oldest of these double-seal housings in existence. I'm running Morgan's doubler out of his 55, which he ran on the First ever Rubicon Pigrun in 2000. Someone who had a hand in building it put in the double seal.
Now would be a good time for me to replace those seals, since I have to replace the parking brake cable.
Would you have a good part number handy for those seals?
thanks,
Gerg
Good to hear from you, hope you're doing ok bud!

Autozone Duralast 494122

This kit is great. I had a terrible leak (first couple pics are from my rig) and the brake wouldn't hold at all. This is a great kit and one that every FJ40 should consider upgrading to.
Thank you so much for the order and endorsement! Glad you're happy with the kit. Please keep us in mind if you need anything else for your cruiser, we're happy to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom