Speedo housing leaks ........ Valley Hybrids dual seal housings. (1 Viewer)

Advrider639

SILVER Star

I’m going to snag one as well!

But tell me more about the Allen head bolts for the drum brake. That seems like a huge improvement!

middlecalf

SILVER Star

I’m going through the installation now, actually all the cleanup first, lol. Question on the two o-ring seals that come in the kit - I know where the larger diameter one goes, but not the smaller diameter one. I don’t have one like that in what I’m removing. Have a call into Georg @orangefj45 but he’s off for a few days, so trying to get this installed sooner than later.

brian

SILVER Star

goes inside the one barrel pc that has the other circular part in it.
didnt take any pix when i did mine.

middlecalf

SILVER Star

The little o-ring fits snuggly on the shaft with the plastic gear, and I see there is a groove on the inside of the sleeve. So does it spin with the shaft in that groove in the sleeve?

I didn’t get or have a felt disk. The tip of the speedometer cable has a rubber seal on it. And my bushing is plastic of some sort split lengthwise, not metal like yours @bhsdriller.

This is a great old thread from @Poser Transfer leak at speedo cable but I still have the above question to feel secure before buttoning everything up (and waiting for replacement drum from John Pardi - my existing one works ok with speedy sleeve and single seal line, but not with dual seal lines as the outer seal will ride on the edge of the speedy sleeve).

Last edited:

middlecalf

SILVER Star

😂 found the old ring, it was there in the slot. New one in, a bit of resistance that I assume will subside over time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom