speedo cable

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cruiserwanted, Dec 21, 2003.

1. cruiserwanted

cruiserwanted

I need to take my instrument cluster out. I have a 71 speedo cable (the kind that screws in) but I can not get this out. I can not get enought grip on the round threaded piece to screw it out. I can not beleive it is on that tight. Anyone have any hints on how to get my cluster out. I have just spent the last hour phucing with this and am open to all suggestions. I am scrared of stripping it as then I am really screwed also do not want to order a new cable however I am about ready to cut the thing as it is ticking me off. Thanks guys.

2. Jesse

Jesse

I always removed the cable from the x-fer case so that i could get more slack out of the line. This allows you to pull the cluster out farther so you can get a grip on the cable.
    Jesse

3. cruiserwanted

cruiserwanted

Thanks Jesse. Laid a tarp down, crawled under and un-hooked it from the x-fer case. Got a grip on it and unhooked it from the cluster. Now just need a speedometer with the screw in speedometer instead of the clip one. :doh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.