Speedo Cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just Installed New Led Instrument Lamps And Now Im Having Problems Getting The Speedo Cable Rehooked To The Cluster. Am I Doing Something Wrong Or Is There A Trick To This Any Info Would Be Helpful . Thanks Scott

It is a square female drive in the speedometer head, (unless you have a pre 1972) so you need to get it lined up just right and it will slip right home. You may try removing the cable from the transfer case end and then rotate the cable in the housing just a bit to try and get it lined up better. They can be a pain, and sometimes, they just fall right into place.

Good luck!

-Steve

I have a cable-related question. When I hook my speedo cable up, the speedometer reads fine until I get to about 40 mph, then it starts waving back and forth wildly. Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?

I have a cable-related question. When I hook my speedo cable up, the speedometer reads fine until I get to about 40 mph, then it starts waving back and forth wildly. Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?

Hey Tim man...

Try swapping in another speedometer head if you have access to one of them and see what happens. If it does the same thing, try replacing the cable with a known good one, if you have access to one. If not, you could remove the cable assembly from the vehicle and pull the cable out of the housing that it is in, and see if it is damaged or if there is junk inside the cable, as these can all cause what you are experiencing. If you do not find anything wrong with the cable, pop the drive out of the transfer case and see if the nylon driven gear has been damaged somehow, just another idea.

You stopping out this weekend with Greg? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom