Speeding up the rear hatch opening speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2021 Heritage Edition and accidentally discovered that if you press the button to open the hatch twice, the hatch opens much faster. You have to wait About 1 second after the first press, and as it’s on its way up before you press it again, but it really moves quickly once you do it. not sure if this is a standard feature on all 200 series but I have heard complaints about how slow it opens. I wanted to share if it wasn’t common knowledge

I can’t tell if you’re messing with us. Pretty comfy on the couch but tempted to run to the garage and try it. 😂

It doesn’t change speed. It disengages the electric actuator and allows the gas cylinders to raise the lid - which are faster than the motor. Just like on pre-2018 Cruisers.

It doesn’t change speed. It disengages the electric actuator and allows the gas cylinders to raise the lid - which are faster than the motor. Just like on pre-2018 Cruisers.
Thanks for the clarification. But the hatch does open quicker using this method.

It’s a manual electric override and it won’t lift itself, you have to assist it to the point where the cylinders take over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom