speedgear correction problem (1 Viewer)

I was in the process of replacing the speedogear with a 31 tooth gear from Slee when the new "lock ring" fell inside the t-case nosecone. What to do? I'm freaking out. Will draining the gear oil make that locking pin come out or will it be caught in the nosecone and somehow get mashed and damage something internally. Please HELP!!
lockclip.JPG

Last edited:

landtank

SILVER Star

have you tried fishing it out with a magnet? This is the first that I've read of this happening, sorry but I'm not going to be much help.

Man, your toast. Better buy a spare transfer case and keep it in your glove box just in case:)

tarbe said:
Any update? Did you get it out?
Nope. I drained the oil, stuck my pinkie (all you can fit) thru drain hole, felt around found nothing. Got a flexible magnet and stuck it thru opening where speedogear goes and tried to get thru every nick and cranny and picked nothing up. Spoke with different cruiser gurus and got different advice. One was to drop rear cover and check (too much work) another one was put it together fill it with oil and drive it. I put it together and have driven around 50 miles and so far so good. I'll take my chances. For all I know that clip is probably laying somewhere in my garage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom