Specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
You guys owe me $10!

That's how much I had to shell out to get the latest edition of the 4X4 Magazine tonight. :rolleyes:

I haven't been following most of the threads and posts in this section, so many apologies in advance if this is old news:

It's got the 4Runner/Prado chassis, except 4 inches shorter wheelbase. To gain additional departure angle the overall length has been shortened by over 11 inches at 4511mm.

The body is narrower than the concept model and the wheels have shrunk from 20 to 17 inches. The grill will have the old "TOYOTA" which was supposedly hotly debated in Toyota (instead of using the sombrero thingy), but they felt it was necessary to symbolize its heritage.

The 17-inch wheels come standard with steel, but aluminum is optional.

The powertrain shares many components with the US-spec 4Runner and will be offered only with the 245hp (282ft-lb), 4.0 ltr V-6, (part-time) 4x4 and 4x2.

The 4x4 model can be had with a 6spd manual tranny and all models should come standard with VSC(Vehicle Stability Control), TRAC(traction control), ABS, EBD(Electronic Brake Force Distribution) among other features.

It will be available early next year and the price, although not determined at this time, will be lower than that of the 4Runner. They plan on manufacturing more than 40,000 units, but they think that they may end up producing more upon their price announcement.

Length: 177.6 inches (4,511 mm) x Width: 74.6 inches (1,895 mm) x Height: 70.9 inches (1,801 mm).

Wheelbase: 105.9 inches (2,690 mm)

Minimum ground clearance (lowest point of vehicle): 9.6 inches (244 mm)

Tire size: 265/70R17.

Towing capacity: 5,000 lbs.

All data taken/translated from the April issue of the 4x4 Magazine.

Again sorry if all this is old news.

Mot

Gumby said:
I feel pretty ripped off for spending $3.50 on that stupid magazine with the two page ad for Man-A-Fre disgused as a 2F rebuild article.

Thanks for the info MOT. Any new info is good info.

It was a Man-A-Fre rebuild engine, not how to rebuild :D The Toyota 2f repair manual is the best on how to rebuild it. I thought the article was pretty good... except where they messed up a few descriptions of the pictures. Was there any info in particular you were looking for?

Hey Mot, did you ever find the July issue of Land Cruiser magazine? It has a couple pictures of me in there, with a bunch of Japanese writing talking about me, I have no idea what it says. Any news on when you are coming out? Hope to see you soon! Steve.

wesintl said:
you mean you don't get a subscripton mot? I guess you probably do the LCM?

I can't afford to pay $10 every month on a magazine. :D

But maybe it's time for me to stop being a cheap bastid. :rolleyes: Along with the LC magazine they do pretty in-depth (funky at times) coverage/testing and stuff (Let's see how many boxes will fit in the cargo area).

Mot

Gumby said:
Thanks for the info MOT. Any new info is good info.

Hey, glad, as always, that you guys enjoy it and some of you guys choose to comment on it! ;)

Steve-O said:
Hey Mot, did you ever find the July issue of Land Cruiser magazine? It has a couple pictures of me in there, with a bunch of Japanese writing talking about me, I have no idea what it says. Any news on when you are coming out? Hope to see you soon! Steve.

Steve,

I didn't get to see that issue, but did see how handsome you are on your(MAF) site. ;) If you want to scan it and send it to me, I'll be happy to translate what (awful things ;) ) it says abou you and your business. :D

And, no I'm afraid that there's no news about my coming back to the US, yet. ;p It will happen, eventually, I hope. :)

Here are some more pics.
And don't go reporting to the magazine or I'll have to stop this "special" service. :rolleyes:

I'm maxed out on my attachments.

Time to stop being REALLY cheap and get the star, maybe? :D

mot said:
Steve,

I didn't get to see that issue, but did see how handsome you are on your(MAF) site. ;) If you want to scan it and send it to me, I'll be happy to translate what (awful things ;) ) it says abou you and your business. :D
Yeah well, I'm retarded and dont know to work my fax machine. When you come out to get the turbo installed, I'll show it to you. Thanks for the pictures, we just need you to translate everything now. :D Kidding.

Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom