special links (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool! I'd love to see a full FJ60 kit. Looks like they only have a full FJ40 kit.

Send them an email. This is how small companies get started. It's all uphill and customer input makes it easier. With exposure comes sales
and with the sales they can expand.

I'm going to write them an email for a full FJ60 kit. Would really be a nice product.

He also has a thread in the general vendor forum. I posted about a full 60 kit there as well. :)

A "full" 60 kit would be a lot of bolts. The 40 owners are blessed ( or cursed ) with no interior. The 60 interior would be a bunch of hardware in itself.
True. Maybe we can all identify distinct groups of bolts we would want more than others to break up the monster of such an undertaking?

A "full" 60 kit would be a lot of bolts. The 40 owners are blessed ( or cursed ) with no interior. The 60 interior would be a bunch of hardware in itself.
Nothing could be more true. I'm seeing this first hand as almost all of the hardware is being touched as I move the bulk of everything over from my '89 FJ62 donor vehicle to my '86 FJ60 project vehicle - virtually everything mechanical (drivetrain minus the A440F, fuel system, brake system, exhaust system), electrical, interior, trim, etc. Dozens of different types and strength of bolts, with a total number of fasteners well into the hundreds, easily approaching or exceeding a thousand.

Hi all, thanks for the input. I would really like to get some 60 offerings on the site. I need some help with research as I sold the only 60 I've owned back in late 90s (I know, sorry).

I'd be interested in partnering up with someone who can pull measure and catalog bolts of interest. And then we can start getting some up.

Anyone interested?

Also keep in mind, I offer everything in bulk as well. With the free shipping set fairly low at $49, you could also buy little by little in bulk as you work through a project.

I have taken apart my share of 60/62 series. TONS of hardware. I think if you are looking for a hardware "kit" you'd be better breaking down to some sort of sub sections. There are at least 3 different type bolts holding the front clip to the body, a couple more for inner fenders to fender, others for radiator support to front fenders. Start throwing in all the different line clamps to fire wall and frame bolts, headlight and horns to radiator support, it just never ends. How about the bolts that hold the spare tire winch to the cross member and lets not forget shock bolts.

Just figuring out all the specific hardware would be a job in itself.

Any 60-series bolt sets, or even sub-sets for various parts of the truck, would be huge! Put me down for them if / when they become available.

I'll do the same. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I say the same thing to my wife and she tells me to just replace the bearings...

I bought a 40 kit of stainless from OverlandMetric and liked what I received. Starting with the 40 kit provided a nice variety to use on my 60 chassis. They are mostly the same 4 sizes.

I agree with NCFJ that it's not really practical to have a full 60 kit. Sub kits for chassis, engine, body, clip, etc would be ideal. Most of the interior bolts I've removed have been reasonably clean, even on some pretty rusty trucks.

BTW, Dave, the 4 T stat housing bolts for the 2F are not long enough. Been meaning to send you a note.

Good vendor.

Thanks for the feedback, great to hear the kit is a good start.

I can send you new bolts for the tstat - send me a PM with how long you need and shipping info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom