Speced out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys. I just purchase a set of second hand aluminum 15" wheels. The seller told me they had a back spacing of 3.75 so I thought i was golden. I mounted up new 33" mickey Thompson's and went to mount tires only to find out they were actually 4.25". Bummer! But I should have checked when I picked them up.
My question is how do you guys feel about 1.5" spacers on the fj62? It is for trail use mainly. I've always been against running them in the past but feel like they could be necessary for better wheel options.
Thanks for any input.

20201017_114853.jpg

You can get steel ones that will be stronger than the cast iron toyota hub they bolt to.

You should be fine with billet or forged aluminum. You really only need half an inch to bring the wheels to spec, so I imagine the 1.5 should just about do it. I am curious what that will do to your offset though. If it is going to push your tires far beyond your fenders.

You should be fine with billet or forged aluminum. You really only need half an inch to bring the wheels to spec, so I imagine the 1.5 should just about do it. I am curious what that will do to your offset though. If it is going to push your tires far beyond your fenders.

After some thought on the matter, we decided to order 5 new wheels with the correct spacing. Thanks for the info. Not sure if anyone needs some original 60 series wheels but I'll be selling mine soon.

How much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom