Speakin of hackin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Speakin of hackin, you'll like this

Look what a sawzall, grinder and welder will get you!

This is at full lock with a 17x9 wheel, with an offset that pushes the tire out, and a 285/70-17 tire. There is approx 1 1/2 inches of clearance at the closest spot.

Oh ya, and no lift. After the lift I will be putting on the 295/70-17's that are on my stock wheels. They can go on now, but better after a lift.

I tried to post pics but photobucket kicked me off and now i'm and work and cannot access that site.

Last edited:
More pictures....details.

Voodoogirl said:
Look what a sawzall, grinder and welder will get you!

This is at full lock with a 17x9 wheel, with an offset that pushes the tire out, and a 285/70-17 tire. There is approx 1 1/2 inches of clearance at the closest spot.

Oh ya, and no lift. After the lift I will be putting on the 295/70-17's that are on my stock wheels. They can go on now, but better after a lift.

I tried to post pics but photobucket kicked me off and now i'm and work and cannot access that site.

I think I am in love more pics and info:)

couple more pics

As I'm sure you figured out, this is what's left of the body mounts that are behind the front tires, and after my lift I will be putting my stock wheels with the 295/70-17 Toyo M/T's on. They would go on before the cutting but would rub bad, and would probably be okay now, but they only had of the tires in stock. So, waiting on a lift and 1 tire. I did try one on the spare mount and it fit. I can't wait to get these big, mean lookin tires on my FJ. They look huge in this picture, but it's because they were closer to the camera than the one on the truck. I can't remember the width, but the heighth is 33.5, and the tread is like an inch deep.

I don't have a lot of detail about this as I left it at my buddy's shop for a couple of hours while he did it. He does excellent work. But, in a nut shell, he cut off the excess, boxed the end back in, ground off any sharp edges, and painted it. Easy peasy

Kathie

Spare Tire

Does the rear window clear the spare when it is mounted? Did you have to modify the spare mount at all? Do you think that the 295 MT's would have fit with just the lift? Or do you think it requires the fab work.

highlandathlete said:
Does the rear window clear the spare when it is mounted? Did you have to modify the spare mount at all? Do you think that the 295 MT's would have fit with just the lift? Or do you think it requires the fab work.

Spares fit just fine, both sizes, with no mods. Back window still opens just fine.

Some people have had no prolems with their 285's some have had some rubbing. Mine were rubbing a little, even on the metal, partly due to the offset and width of the wheel, (17x9). So, wheather it rubs or not depends on your whole setup, but trust me, they'll be more than happy to mount some up for ya to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom