Speakers in front doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to mount some speakers in some FJ60 doors that are missing speakers. Shouldn’t there be some sort of plastic cup behind the speaker to protect it from moisture inside the door? That would seem to be a good upgrade anyway. My vapor barrier behind the door card is somewhat tattered and I will probably replace that with some heavy plastic sheeting, maybe that would protect the speaker if I don’t cut it out in the area of the speaker.

The factory door speakers had a rubber guard around the backside of them facing the door. Covered the whole backside of the speaker. Mine were glued to the outside frame of the speaker. I don't know how needed it is but the factory put something to cover them, FYI. Guess Toyota thought the same as you. HTH.

I picked up some foam cups at Vatozone, I think they were less than $10 for the pair. Had to make a slice in the bottom for the speaker wire. Pushed them thru from the interior side and 'flanges' extended far enough for speaker screws to hold them in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom