Speaker sounds blown with bluetooth, and maybe one other complaint since I bought. Otherwise, in love. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrX

Threads
My new to us LX570 has a really, really kick ass ML system. However, when I stream from my phone in some songs if I go loud enough one of the speakers in the back sounds blown. I don't think it actually is blown because I can't replicate it on CDs or SAT radio. Those are clear as a bell.

I don't turn my phone to 100% volume as to not overwhelm it the system. Anyone ever heard of this? This is my first vehicle with the audio streaming, I love it otherwise.

Also one more thing: I can't really get used to the window switches' location.

Not much left to say, I'm obsessed with this truck. I have an LS430 which is one of the best driving and riding cars in the world and/or ever made IMO and it has sat in the garage, dead, since we bought the LX. Lol.

Bluetooth probably isn’t a great source, you’re probably clipping either in the phone signal or at the truck processor. Hard to say which, maybe try your phone with a Bluetooth speaker and see if you can repeat the issue?

Reactions: MrX
Depending on the streaming app. Check the equalizer settings. In Spotify I use dance eq. Also check if there are settings that “boost” the volume level. Turn that to normal. Last make sure your downloading or streaming at the highest quality.

My new to us LX570 has a really, really kick ass ML system. However, when I stream from my phone in some songs if I go loud enough one of the speakers in the back sounds blown. I don't think it actually is blown because I can't replicate it on CDs or SAT radio. Those are clear as a bell.

I don't turn my phone to 100% volume as to not overwhelm it the system. Anyone ever heard of this? This is my first vehicle with the audio streaming, I love it otherwise.

When you say you don't turn your phone to 100% volume.. meaning the bluetooth streaming volume you keep less than 100%?

Yes, BT is a lossy source but it shouldn't suddenly start making speakers sound blown.

I don't have the ML audio but do keep the BT volume at 100 and use the primary volume knob to set listening level. Clear as a bell. Any less than 100 on the phone and the source is lower volume, so BT is quieter than any other source.

I wonder whether your in-vehicle amplification is having to do something funky to get audio to a listenable level? Maybe try phone volume at 100 with car audio at a reasonable level and see whether it addresses the distortion? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean about phone volume.

Last edited:
Agree with above. You want your Bluetooth signal to be at max and use the volume control on the stereo for volume. This will improve input signal to noise ratio. Otherwise you may be over driving the LX amp trying to make up for too low an input signal. I can say with iPhones, you definitely want volume set to max. I’ll add though, my ML system seems to be limited to ever keep it from over driving. I guess possibly if I maxed out the tone control gains and the volume it might distort, but with a basic “loudness” curve set in tone controls, my ML system rarely distorts even at max volume.

On my Pixel if I have the volume on the phone set to 100 while streaming, the ML system will sound distorted at ANY volume. I normally go to 100, then hit down volume 4x. That's my go-to phone level while streaming. I then play the ML system from 30-40.

I had a 2004 LS430 UL before the LX too, loved it!

Seriously, thanks all for the tips as I didn’t think of any of this. It’s not every song but some, yeah. I can deal with it. I took this old dance CD that is a “loud” CD, clear as a bell. I try to duplicate it and move the fade to the rear right where it comes from, nothing on CD or SAT. Wonder how much a speaker costs to replace out of curiosity, not cheap I’d imagine.

Depending on the streaming app. Check the equalizer settings. In Spotify I use dance eq. Also check if there are settings that “boost” the volume level. Turn that to normal. Last make sure your downloading or streaming at the highest quality.
Would this be a similar solution on the LC200? Ive been meaning to ask about the same problem as OP. SAT radio sounds great on the JBL but i have a hard time getting the same quality via BT.

im close to re-ording some old CDs on amazon!

thanks!

Would this be a similar solution on the LC200? Ive been meaning to ask about the same problem as OP. SAT radio sounds great on the JBL but i have a hard time getting the same quality via BT.

im close to re-ording some old CDs on amazon!

thanks!

I'm sure I've mentioned this but I can't get it to distort on a CD or Sat no matter how hard I try. I adjust the fade and balance and everything to try to isolate it.

I'm sure I've mentioned this but I can't get it to distort on a CD or Sat no matter how hard I try. I adjust the fade and balance and everything to try to isolate it.
no distortion here. sorry for the confusion.

just not as loud as SAT radio or CD. Unfortunately, this music needs to be loud. ha!

good luck with your distortion problem.

no distortion here. sorry for the confusion.

just not as loud as SAT radio or CD. Unfortunately, this music needs to be loud. ha!

good luck with your distortion problem.

Thanks. If I have to replace a speaker, so be it. But half the time you don't hear it and it only happens when the volume is MAX. It's not something that nags at me, I'm floored in general with the ML system. It's definitely got some punch. SAT and CD don't sound blown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom