Speaker Replacement for Rear Speaker Assembly 86160-60100, 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anyone has had to replace the speaker in this assembly and can recommend a replacement. I have done a fair amount of googling and can seem to find an exact match. The assembly itself is out of production and back-ordered forever. It looks like replacing the speaker shouldn't be too difficult if I could find the part, although it is cemented firmly to the bracket. The connector seems to be unique as well.

20200607_150409_resized.jpg

Is this the 6" sub from the rear cargo area? If yes just trash it. Since you're already going aftermarket, just buy a powered "hideaway" from Pioneer or Kicker (Hideaway Powered Subwoofer | KICKER®). You can use a Scosche adapter (TA02B) to pull the power and audio right from the harness that powered that amp. All plug and play. The shallow amp will fit into the rear quarter panel, or under the seat, or just about anywhere else. that sub was pretty useless, so almost anything is an improvement.

There's not an exact match but a lot of things will work. I used a small Alpine amplifier like you would buy for a motorcycle and hooked up a to a Tang Band subwoofer. I think I used the 5.25" one but not 100% sure. I also packed the dead space with poly. It sounds fine for my tastes (mainly kids watching movies on the headrests).

I used Focals in the rear doors. They mounted up without much trouble.

Is this the 6" sub from the rear cargo area? If yes just trash it. Since you're already going aftermarket, just buy a powered "hideaway" from Pioneer or Kicker (Hideaway Powered Subwoofer | KICKER®). You can use a Scosche adapter (TA02B) to pull the power and audio right from the harness that powered that amp. All plug and play. The shallow amp will fit into the rear quarter panel, or under the seat, or just about anywhere else. that sub was pretty useless, so almost anything is an improvement.
Do you mind saying a little more about how you mounted your speaker in the quarter panel? I have been trying to figure this out for a bit. Thanks!

Junk it all.
edit: lol kidding of course... 🤔

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom