Speaker Grill Retainer "Nut,Spring" ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Proven

RTFM, STEP 6, POST
Threads
Hey everyone,

I was hoping I would find a thread that was just "AHA, that's what I need..." because surely someone has been down this road before.

Through following all the "Speaker" threads, I figured out a way to install the pioneer speakers behind the factory grills. Unfortunately, I had already done the step of carefully removing the factory grill, but destroyed the little washer looking retainers that keep the grill in place.

According to parts souq, they are called "Nut, Springs" and googling that, or the part number, only finds them at dealerships. They aren't expensive, but I don't want to wait for them to arrive (assuming they'll need to be ordered, if they even can get them).

Has anyone had another solution for retaining the factory speaker grill that doesn't involve glue?

The part is highlighted in the image below: 9018304046 "Nut, Spring" - Parts Souq link

1624680408523.png

The dealerships in my area will order parts for the next day, and often even same day. Don't know if that's true for your area, but don't give up on that route.

The dealerships in my area will order parts for the next day, and often even same day. Don't know if that's true for your area, but don't give up on that route.
True, I'll call them in the morning. Just likely being impatient.

NLXTACY - is correct, they will be in the fasteners bins at the hardware store.

I just grabbed them at my local hardware store. They had plenty.
It appears they are called “push nuts”. I’ll be headed to Ace. Thank you!

Update - there were a ton of options and I couldn’t tell which to use. So I bought 8 of each size that looked right by my caliper readings. Got it back in place and very happy.
Push Nuts are what they are called. 15-20 cents each.

I got the speakers installed and I must say, this is pretty awesome. Having them behind the factory grills does muffle some of the sound, but I like this look. I'll keep the aftermarket grills handy if I change my mind.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom