Spc uca 100 help!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MACKSDAD

SILVER Star
Threads
I am installing spc uca on 100 and I dropped one of those ****ing x axis washers and it is gone forever. I have a washer with same diameter hole but wondering if it’s going to **** everything up. Help plz!

I don't remember the washers being anything special other than the dimensions. I will admit that I almost lost one while trying to mount the arms using grease to hold the washer in place as recommended in the instructions. A little packet of the right grease would have gone a long way toward customer satisfaction. I finally gave up and used some Gorilla glue to hold the washers in place for installation. Gorilla glue has a rubbery texture when dry so it is getting along very well with the bushings.

Don't laugh. It worked.

1616765730018.png

I don't remember the washers being anything special other than the dimensions. I will admit that I almost lost one while trying to mount the arms using grease to hold the washer in place as recommended in the instructions. A little packet of the right grease would have gone a long way toward customer satisfaction. I finally gave up and used some Gorilla glue to hold the washers in place for installation. Gorilla glue has a rubbery texture when dry so it is getting along very well with the bushings.

Don't laugh. It worked.

View attachment 2626707
Any tips to remove the steering knuckle from the ball joint? Having a hard time getting it off even with a puller and pb blaster

Pull out the BFH and if that doesn't do the trick you can try heat. I got it off with just a puller though.

...I dropped one of those f***ing x axis washers and it is gone forever...
:lol: I have this irrational fear of dropping my keys down a storm drain grate, or down the drains at the put-in-a-buncha-quarters-and-blast-your-car car washes. Do you have one of those drains in your garage??? :lol:

Any tips to remove the steering knuckle from the ball joint? Having a hard time getting it off even with a puller and pb blaster
anything blocking the lower control arm from moving downward?

I just did the SPC's last week. For the pesky washers I stuck them on with sticky chassis grease. Separating the steering knuckle from the ball joint I attached one of those 'U' shaped pullers with some tension then smacked the UCA around the Ball Joint with a mallet. Drivers side took me few whacks while the Passenger popped off with the tension from the puller.

:lol: I have this irrational fear of dropping my keys down a storm drain grate, or down the drains at the put-in-a-buncha-quarters-and-blast-your-car car washes. Do you have one of those drains in your garage??? :lol:

I imagine this is how an Australian zombie movie would be done if the lead man had a land cruiser.

Director is setting up the shot and some guy walks up, "Ohhhh mate well this is gonna be a short movie. He's got a land cruiser, he'll just drive into the outback and live there, like no worries."

Director panics and feverishly pencils a change into the script: "Johnny is startled by a crocodile and drops keys in the gutter."

On another note if anyone has a buddy at SPC tell them they can politely go **** themselves until they add a couple spare washers to this kit.😘

On another note if anyone has a buddy at SPC tell them they can politely go f*** themselves until they add a couple spare washers to this kit.😘

They are down the road from me and are super cool guys - I bought my arms used and the guy couldn't find the washers. Called SPC and they mailed me the washers (COVID) for a few bucks. I'm sure if you need some they can ship a few out to you. Not their fault we're all a bunch of apes :rofl:

I also dropped a washer. I'm sure it's still bouncing around inside the frame.

They were cool about it when I called to order more. It was cheap, but now I don't remember how much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom