Spark Plugwire Reccommendations for 350 w/ Ramhorns? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all!

Just replaced my ignition coil, distributor, rotor, plugs and wires. Previously it had OEM plug wires which were longer than the JEGs wires I replaced them with. The problem is the wires are shorter and run tight on my ramhorn headers and they're not gonna last as is. Does anyone know of specific wires i can get that are as long as OEM, but cheaper in price? The OEM wires are over 150 online. Thanks in advance!

Yohan

Thanks for the reply leighguy! Any suggestions on where I can find such a kit? Was looking around on some online parts (jegs, summit) with no luck.

Your local parts store will have universal sets. Just crimp them well, and you'll be golden.

Don’t forget to buy wire insulators for the spark plug end of the wires. The ramshorn manifold gets very hot and the two center wires will not last long. I got my insulators at a local auto parts store. Do all eight wires.

I used the mondo-expensive Taylor Thundervolts with their fiberglass boots (I'm an ignition freak). Be very careful to route them away from the ramshorns & the EGR pipe. 67's right about the heat - wait at least an hour after turning it off to work around the headers. Can you see the scar on my right wrist from there?

Go to NAPA and tell them you need a set of wires off a 99 3/4 ton truck with 454. These wires have strait plug boots and the correct ends for a vortec style distributor (if you are running a vortec). Otherwise tell them you need a set of works off something like a 95 3/4 ton truck 454 which should have straight plug boots and 90 degree dist boots. If not, then ask for an older year model truck.

If you have a vortec with the flat top distributor...I know the first set mentioned above works...the 2nd set is a good guess for something that might work on a non vortec 350.

Thanks fellas for the replies! I finally found some universal kits with the straight plugs. Good point on the heat boots, as the 4 closest to the headers tore apart when I tried to remove them. Gonna order some of those too. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom