Spark Plugs for 2F engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a stock 1978 FJ40 with an OEM 2F engine. I want to tune it up and put some new spark plugs in it. What do most of you guys with stock 2F engines run in your rig? Thank you very much.

I run NGK BPR5EY-11 plugs in all my 2F's

I have ran NGK BPR5EP-11 but did not see any difference. They are the Platnum and are crazy expensive.

I also tried the Bosch WR8DP but did not see any difference. They are the Platnum and expensive

What about the "hot" version of the NGK plugs? When's it needed?

I use NGK IX iridium, BPR5EIX-11. Since switching to these plugs I've noticed a drop in my yearly emission readings. They were $6.95 each or $41.70 for 6. I ordered them from Sparkplugs.com. If you go to their web site and put your vehicle in they will list all the plugs that are correct for that year cruiser, from stock on up.

It's a 2F. The stock plugs are fine at $1.50 each. Seriously, this is a non-issue. Go to any parts store, give them the year and buy the ND or NGK plugs they have in stock. If given a choice, I get the NDs, but I don't know why.

I just got a set for my FJ62 and just got them from Toyota. Still roughly $1.50 each.

I've had plugs foul on a 2F only once, and that was at 11,000 feet on a 3 day trip. your motor will run on almost anything making a spark.

Its a tractor motor - you can only polish a turd so much (don't mind the Big Gay). Buy the regular, plain ND or NGK. I usually buy the OEM plugs when I'm making a parts order. They are pretty cheap and work great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom