Spark Plug Stuck in Insert? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In my struggles with this in the past I did something that worked quite well. Take a piece of thick wire, like a coat hanger or similar. Heat it up red hot with a torch at the end and jam it in there to melt into the old rubber and break it up that way. Once broken up you can blow or suck out the debris.

Found the old wires, 2 boots are missing. This could definitely be one of them. No clue where the other boot would be.

Well that solves the "mystery" of where it came from. Spray a little dielectric grease inside the new boots before you install them and it will prevent the boot from sticking to the plug. Good luck getting the remaining part of the boot out. I think you've been given a lot of ideas. I would probably pick at it with hemostats until I got it out but that might be quite tedious.

Here is what I have done in the past: take an old metal coat hanger and cut yourself a long enough piece to work with. Use your needle nose pliers and make a small hook. Stick that down there and pry it out. Worked like a charm for me with a similar situation.

Thanks everyone-waiting until Thursday for some long picks, long hemostat, crevasse vacuum attachment, and coat hangar if those fail. Will see what works and and update soon, in the meantime trying to figure out my soft brake line leak 🤣.

Thanks everyone-waiting until Thursday for some long picks, long hemostat, crevasse vacuum attachment, and coat hangar if those fail. Will see what works and and update soon, in the meantime trying to figure out my soft brake line leak 🤣.

Just use the original plug socket in your Toyota tool bag and be done with it, trust me. There is very little space between the plug and tube, you will spend hours messing around with picks. Just hammer the socket so it bites into the rubber and twist the plug out.

I had a plug grommet push it’s way down around the plug hex, my own stupidity, a few months ago. If it wasn’t for the thin wall yota socket I’d still be picking away at that thick rubber.

Just use the original plug socket in your Toyota tool bag and be done with it, trust me. There is very little space between the plug and tube, you will spend hours messing around with picks. Just hammer the socket so it bites into the rubber and twist the plug out.

I had a plug grommet push it’s way down around the plug hex, my own stupidity, a few months ago. If it wasn’t for the thin wall yota socket I’d still be picking away at that thick rubber.
I dont have the yota one, is there a part number to order that?

Not sure exactly where you reside but I would see if any of your local cruiser club members could lend one out.

I’d send you mine but I’m on the east coast and there might be quicker options 😁

And it's out!

PXL_20201024_213203208.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom