Spark Plug Size, Gap, Torque & Spark Plug Socket Size for 1FZ / 3FE (Definitive Info)

jaymar

SILVER Star
Website
makeyourstoryamovie.com
I used that title because it's a PITA to find all of this in different threads, and folks looking for fast answers can come here.

1FZ engine: Spark plug is 16mm. Good-fit sockets are 16mm and 5/8". Sloppy-fit: 17mm and 11/16".
OEM plug is 90919-01176
Also on the box (and the plug): K16R-U (Denso #)

GAP said to be (can anyone confirm?) 0.8mm / .031"

Torque (via @Vasiliy):

N·m. kgf·cm ft·lbf
20. 200. 14

3FE I dunno; don't have one.

Last edited:

clx16

SILVER Star
Good timing I am getting extra sparkplug sockets for my other vehicles and saw this. Thanks! Should it be stated that one should get the swivel magnetic with build it extension? Not that these heads are known for spitting plugs but might be nice to have the insert size needed too.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Website
makeyourstoryamovie.com
Good timing I am getting extra sparkplug sockets for my other vehicles and saw this. Thanks! Should it be stated that one should get the swivel magnetic with build it extension? Not that these heads are known for spitting plugs but might be nice to have the insert size needed too.
I find that I want the swivel (if any) outside of the spark plug tube, in case it comes apart. And one long extension from the socket to wrench or swivel, for the same reason. #6 is a b*tch. You also want a socket that's not going to let go or lose its insert in the hole. Everything from coil to engine was replaced maybe 3yrs back; hoping my P0301 is just a bad plug...

Website
www.sdsysdesign.com
I used that title because a bunch of threads say a bunch of different things, and folks looking for a fast answer can come here (once both answers have been posted).

1FZ engine: Spark plug is 16mm. Good-fit sockets are 16mm and 5/8". Sloppy-fit: 17mm and 11/16".
OEM plug is 90919-01176
Also on the box (and the plug): K16R-U (Denso #)

GAP said to be (can anyone confirm?) 0.8mm / .031"

3FE I dunno; don't have one.
All this information is in the FSM. Why are you guessing? Just look it up.

clx16

SILVER Star
I once tapped and sleeved a sparkplug hole at 11 pm 800 and change miles from home using a tap, impact driver, a bag of wheel bearing grease and 4 inch metal punch a couple of feet away from people getting arrested. The only tool I had that was correct for the situation was the 16mm sparkplug socket. Assuming people only deal with issues when they happen to have the correct tools with them is a luxury.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom