Spark plug reading (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pls analyze my plugs
It's 93, with 193000
Runs good without issue.

Screenshot_20230306_064722_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230306_064805_Gallery.jpg

Electrode not square anymore, wore out, get new ones, gap them per spec, install and go. Don't think to much about it.
Have a great day :flipoff2:

I second the above comments. Those look good for 200k miles.

As above, but how many miles on those plugs?

Consider Denso Iridium (or Iridium TT) plugs, they will last 100,000 miles.

When was the last time the valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals were replaced?

Thanks for all the replies.
The old plug is 30000 miles nkg,
And leaking at oil pump and at the rear seal. I'm adding oil maybe 1 qt every 1000, I don't know if oil leak or burning oil. Should I be concern right now, or tackle next time.
Thanks for your knowledge

#1 burning a little oil
#2 normal
#3 normal
#4 running a little lean
#5 normal
#6 running a little lean

Nothing there would suggest that you are burning significant amounts of oil.

You may just be due for a new set of OEM plugs.
I ran my last set 100K miles.

Maybe do a cap, rotor, and wires while you're at it. Again, I always use OEM for these components.

I also don't see a lot of oil contamination on the outside of the plugs indicating that your tube seals are shot. I don't think your tube seals are a problem. Were any of the plug wires covered in oil when you pulled them?

I would possibly lean toward looking into O2 sensors, checking to make sure your sensors are operating correctly as well as the AFM is operating properly. Do NOT remove the two screws and tug on the wiring!

Those spark plugs look to me like they have some of ash deposits on them for 30k. 1qt every 1k miles is definitely getting up there in oil consumption. My rig was around that and most recently started getting into 1qt every 500 so I started to change the valve seals on it. My tube seals were also shot. Only place it's leaking oil is from the rear and not enough to leave drops when parked.

Last edited:
All plugs wires are dry, o2 was done @ 175000 mile. Is the tube seal located at the vavle cover and can cause oil burning/lean condition.
Thanks

All plugs wires are dry, o2 was done @ 175000 mile. Is the tube seal located at the vavle cover and can cause oil burning/lean condition.
Thanks
The tube seals are part of the valve cover. The oil can evaporate and you can lose oil like that. Also BILT4ME told me that it can cause a lean condition since it would be sucking in unmetered air into the engine. My tube seals were failed so there was pooling oil above the spark plugs, if your spark plugs are dry, they might be ok. If doing a valve cover gasket, you typically do the valve seals at the same time.

What BILT4ME said about the AFM "Do NOT remove the two screws and tug on the wiring"

Valve stem seals get hard with age then don't seal well which leads to increased oil consumption.

The "rear oil leak" could be from the upper oil pan or valve cover gasket,
much less likely it's from the rear crank seal.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies.
Mention above will be my next project maybe after 30000, depends on my spark plug outcome

The tube seals are part of the valve cover. The oil can evaporate and you can lose oil like that. Also BILT4ME told me that it can cause a lean condition since it would be sucking in unmetered air into the engine. My tube seals were failed so there was pooling oil above the spark plugs, if your spark plugs are dry, they might be ok. If doing a valve cover gasket, you typically do the valve seals at the same time.
Your spark plug looks very similar to mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom