Spark Plug question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered Wits End's N/A tune up kit. The spark plugs that came in the kit are the correct part number. They require a 21 MM socket to install. The spark plugs that I wanted to replace required a 16 MM socket to remove. That being said a 21 MM socket will not fit into the tube, atleast not the socket I have? Have done some research and cannot find anything that says I need a special spark plug socket or information on a trick to install the plugs. I am now wondering if some how I got the wrong plugs but they had the right part number sticker stuck on the box? Are the replacement plugs suppose to require such a big socket? I verified that I ordered the correct kit and all the other components were correct.

Are you trying to use a heavy weight Impact Socket or a regular thin wall socket?

Are you trying to use a heavy weight Impact Socket or a regular thin wall socket?

As far as I can tell it is a regular socket, but the clearance between the tube and the new plug is no thicker than a piece of paper. I wish I had a picture but was in a hurry to get it back together as it was sitting in a buddy's driveway and was suppose to be a 'quick' job.

I believe there is a thin wall spark plug tool in the OEM toolkit (kit with lug wrench and jack handle).

Grandlake said: "The spark plugs that came in the kit are the correct part number. They require a 21 MM socket to install."

The hex on the (correct size) spark plugs is 16mm. What part number and brand
do you have? It should be printed on the plug itself.

Can you post up a photo of the new and old plugs next to each other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom