Spark plug gap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys I am very new to this site , I just picked up a 1996lx450 ... very clean and very stock .
I did all the fluids with amsoil syn and I did the cap and rotor , I picked up some new platinium NGK plugs ...but I have yet to pick up a service book on my new toy.
I was wondering if any of you fine gentelman might know the gap ...
And if anyone knows the right way to remove the wires from the plugs with out ripping the wires ...I have plug plyers but they don't look like they will work on this applacation .
Thanks guys .
Greg

I think you will find your gap requirements in the back of your owner's manual.
As for removing the wires, be sure you have a firm grip on the boot of the wire and pull, carefully. You may need to twist the boot back and forth a bit to ease the off. I reccommend pulling one wire, replacing the plug and the wire and then moving to the next one. This way you will be sure to put the wires back in the RIGHT location. Don't mix them up.
Good luck. I've done mine twice, including the wires. Be sure to look up Cruiserdan on this site for your parts. He has excellent prices on all the OEM parts and you know OEM is usually best. Toyota makes some of the best parts out there.
Spend some time reading what has been posted here already. There is a TON of info from some very experienced people.
Glad to see you are doing the maintenance items first! That is a critical step to getting the most out of your new cruiser.

Rob

Anyone else here use di-electric grease in the plug wire, the part that slips over the plug? I do and it seems to help keep the rubber boot from sticking to the plugs making it easier to pull them off at the next spalk plug change.

I have used di-electric grease in the past. Usually where the boots get very hot (V8's). Prolly would be a good idea on the toyota too since the plugs are deep in the head.

The gap is .8mm or .031-.032 inches.

Re: plug gap

Thanks for all the help ... who's cruiserdan ... ?
I would prefer OEM parts ... I had to buy a standard cap and rotor , but I will replace it with OEM when I can .
Thanks
Greg:cheers:

Gregory Hysock said:
Thanks for all the help ... who's cruiserdan ... ?
I would prefer OEM parts ... I had to buy a standard cap and rotor , but I will replace it with OEM when I can .
Thanks
Greg:cheers:

See post #5. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom