Spare tire carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got a matching spare for my truck. It's underneath being supported by the factory chain and winch mechanism. Although it's not rusty I was wondering if it's strong enough to hold the weight of a 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR tire on a 15x8 Eagle aluminum rim?
I don't know the exact weight of the tire/rim but it sure feels quite heavy to me.

Where else are you going to put it? I have a swing out bumper carrier, but only put it on for trips because my truck won't fit in the garage with it on. I also built a simple holder for inside next to the left rear quarter panel. This is where it spends most of it's life. But I have carried it underneath. The winch seems to do OK with the size and weight of a 33x12.5" tire. What I don't like is the tire sits really, really low. It's OK for parking lots, but not so much off road.

This is a great excuse to purchase a fancy rear bumper.

The spare tire carrier held my 33x10 BFG/AT on stock rims very well. I moved mine inside for clearance issues when playing. Search for inner tire carrier mod. Super cheap and works great.

Or if your lucky enough to have the funds get one of them fancy rear ends

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom