Spare Tire Carrier hinge bushings P/N help - for '75 and older (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clubtroy

SILVER Star
Threads
After many hours of research on here I found these in the photo P/N 90386-20002. Amamaya showed them to be correct for my 09/75 but in fact they are too large in diameter and only fit the tubulars type carrier. Does anyone know the P/N for the older style carrier hinge bushings? The ones i need are 16MM diameter and the ones in the photo below are 20MM.
If you need these they are now for sale. I paid $20 for them so that is the asking price + shipping.

I see some aftermarket stuff on eBay for $25 but would like to stick with OEM if I can find them.
IMG_8101.JPG

Thanks in advance for any help.
Troy

I don't think the original nylon bushing are still available.

For mine I bought the brass bushing that an ih8mud member makes/sells, sure it's not exactly original but you can't see it once installed. The only difference are the disparition of the spare carrier rattles and a smooth opening/closure ;)

@SMG makes bronze bushings and stainless pins. Better than OEM.

Thanks for the referral. I bought some SMG hood hinge pins as mine are toast but he no longer makes the spare tire carrier bushings. The search continues...

The ones I bought were from @SouthBostonFJ40
Seems he hasn't posted since 2021 but its last message he said he had plenty of bushings left so worth a DM.

After many hours of research on here I found these in the photo P/N 90386-20002. Amamaya showed them to be correct for my 09/75 but in fact they are too large in diameter and only fit the tubulars type carrier. Does anyone know the P/N for the older style carrier hinge bushings? The ones i need are 16MM diameter and the ones in the photo below are 20MM.
If you need these they are now for sale. I paid $20 for them so that is the asking price + shipping.

I see some aftermarket stuff on eBay for $25 but would like to stick with OEM if I can find them.View attachment 3027640

Thanks in advance for any help.
Troy

I have qty x 5 of 16mm ID ones

I honestly don’t know the spare tire bushings topic well

If OEM nos is what u need 16mm ?

Pm me

Thanks
Matt

7767330F-124B-4C36-B738-092069E07270.jpeg
424AE262-7FB0-478D-AF43-ECFAD4717939.jpeg

Last edited:
I do not see any break down on the pre 77 spare tire carrier only the whole hinge. The nylon bushing are for the tube style carrier. If there were replacement parts for the early hinges I missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom