Spare Parts for 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love these threads. Ultimately I would just pull a second (running) cruiser behind you.

I don't have a second cruiser though so I carry:
90% of the tools I use every day
2 spare fusible links
Spare efi relay.
Spare ignitor
Belts.
Various coolant hoses.
Oem starter rebuild kit
Emergency brake hose screw thingy from wits end.
A complete knuckle rebuild set
Steering arm nuts

Hard wheeling trips I bring a driveshaft and both front axles with cvs .
All that and the most likely scenario will be I break something that I'm not carrying
so..

A sleeping bag and an empty credit card.

Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting

I love these threads. Ultimately I would just pull a second (running) cruiser behind you.

I don't have a second cruiser though so I carry:
90% of the tools I use every day
2 spare fusible links
Spare efi relay.
Spare ignitor
Belts.
Various coolant hoses.
Oem starter rebuild kit
Emergency brake hose screw thingy from wits end.
A complete knuckle rebuild set
Steering arm nuts

Hard wheeling trips I bring a driveshaft and both front axles with cvs .
All that and the most likely scenario will be I break something that I'm not carrying
so..

A sleeping bag and an empty credit card.

Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting
Empty credit cards are definitely coming with me 🤣🤣🤣 appreciate the response!

If you are by yourself, you really shouldn’t be breaking anything in Moab because you really shouldn’t be doing anything by yourself that would break stuff.

I always carry a full complement of spare axle shafts, front outer seals for a birf replacement, spare rear driveshaft, and all of my tools. Some fluids, the fusible link spare is kinda the thing. That stuff is just with me whether I am at the mall or in Moab.

Suspect if you took a poll for the statistical incidence of just breaking down during the extremely low miles you are actually off-road, that event risk would be serviceably close to 0%. Unless you include FJ40s or ARB lockers in which case it would be 100%.

It’s planning for your own stupidity over being unlucky - the unlucky bit is why you wheel with a group. Not driving FJ40s or using ARBs because you actually want to have fun is something each of us can decide.

I have a high mileage rig but don’t carry much with me as I have kept up with maintenance and replacing old components.

I carry a set of tools in a bag, spare birf, fusible link, heater valve, co2 tank, tire repair stuff, duct tape, zip ties, rags, wire and misc nuts and bolts. I may add or subtract to this list depending on where I am going. Usually the stuff that helps me remove the broken part and allows me to limp home or off the trail for a tow.

Additionally, I always keep my drawer stocked with a bottle of whiskey just in case.

I noticed a couple of you carry birfs without axle. Does anyone break axles ? Or am I the only one?

I would but I don’t have a spare.

i bought a cheap aftermarket set of fronts from rock auto just to use as spares. they were about $150 for both. I wouldn't use them as an actual replacement but figured they'd get me home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom