Spare fuel bladders in the doors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think so. You need better high-end. I suggest a compact Plasma Arc Speaker, like this one:

And it is simple for you to build yourself too:
1666388954223.png

It only takes a 50A supply per speaker so you will want to upgrade your alternator for an extra 200 amps. I'd recommend this 320 amp alternator for an upgrade:
1666389240973.png

Last edited:
I don't think so. You need better high-end. I suggest a compact Plasma Arc Speaker, like this one:

And it is simple for you to build yourself too:
View attachment 3146686
It only takes a 50A supply per speaker so you will want to upgrade your alternator for an extra 200 amps. I'd recommend this 320 amp alternator for an upgrade:
View attachment 3146699

Now that's just getting ridiculous!

Scope creep has to be reined in somewhere, or @nukegoat will never get his bladders installeded

What in the actual hell is going on in this thread. Gas water electricity 3 bad combination in your doors.
Nah, it's perfect!

You can mix the gas and water to save space.
The water extends your gas mileage (water injection).
And if you need to make yourself a cup of coffee, fire up the arc speakers to boil off the gas, the gas heats the water.

Everything has more than one use. Something oeuverlaunders could learn to adopt.

This thread is mind numbingly stupid, I swear some of you just like to make problems out of nothing....

Leather headrests are the obvious no brainer choice for fuel storage.

I think you are onto something, Francis, but why stop at the headrest? Think of the fuel capacity added by replacing the seat foam, bottom and back, with these bladders!
1666452066028.png

This also would add fuel gauge redundancy. You could tell you are running out of fuel by how low you sink in the seat!

@John Young that seat cushion is a nice, off-the-shelf option for the seat based fuel reservoir. It seems like you may not have all of the many good ideas from this thread at the ready in your brain so you can see post #119 from this thread for more info and a fairly precise diagram on the seat based reservoir idea:

Duplicate post

How somebody has not made this a t-shirt for sale is the only questionable item in this thread!

Seventeen. Thousand. Views.

Epic.

Hahah

I think it’s a great idea. Yolo

Also don’t include it in your list of mods that you provide to your insurance.

That way you’ll “have” insurance but once they find ooooouuuuuuttt…. It’ll be like you never did!

I think you are onto something, Francis, but why stop at the headrest? Think of the fuel capacity added by replacing the seat foam, bottom and back, with these bladders!
View attachment 3147221
This also would add fuel gauge redundancy. You could tell you are running out of fuel by how low you sink in the seat!

Good god this man is a genius!!

OK, so this is starting to become a viable alternative. One big advantage of the seat cushion idea is that it sort of naturally "pumps" the gas back into the tank, eliminating the need for a siphoning system. It also works at all angles. In order for the seat not to collapse, though, you may have to pressurize the gas tank, but I think most 80s already do that

Like this
EVzqWgy.png

Haha this was a good start to my day thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom