Spacers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone point me in the right direction for a comprehensive discussion on pros, cons, recommendations on spacers for my 80 with stock rims? Thank you in advance.

Well I would start with unless you have a specific need for them I would not bother. But if you do then you need to observe some critical things, quality of the spacers, quality of the stud extensions, ultra careful with tightening nuts i.e. use a torque wrench.

Let others add and see what you think?

Regards

Dave

Spidertrax or Bora only. Check and replace any questionable existing lugs. Blue locktite on the spacer to hub nuts, torqued to spec. Torque lug nuts to spec, don’t let tire shop use an impact. Send it.

I ran a set of 1” thick Trail Gear spacers with stock wheels when I stepped up to 37” tires 4.5 years ago. I never had a problem and ran them hard rock crawling. I recently sold them when I bought new wheels with a 3.5” back space.

Verifying torque on all lug nuts was a ritual before and after wheeling trips. Never did I find lug nuts loose.

Spidertrax or Bora only. Check and replace any questionable existing lugs. Blue locktite on the spacer to hub nuts, torqued to spec. Torque lug nuts to spec, don’t let tire shop use an impact. Send it.
I recently got a very inexpensive set of Method rims for my 1995 80 series Cruiser. They definitely sit inside the wheel well more than my stock rims. I was wondering about getting some spacers as well. I'll check out Spidertrax and Bora too. The question I had was will I notice any difference in how my car drives?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

I run the Spidertrax from Slee Off-road.
No issues with 17” Sequioa wheels.

I recently got a very inexpensive set of Method rims for my 1995 80 series Cruiser. They definitely sit inside the wheel well more than my stock rims. I was wondering about getting some spacers as well. I'll check out Spidertrax and Bora too. The question I had was will I notice any difference in how my car drives?

Thanks in advance,

Greg
As long as you get hub centric spacers, then no. If you get lug centric spacers, then prepare for a wild ride.

As long as you get hub centric spacers, then no. If you get lug centric spacers, then prepare for a wild ride.
I didn't even know it was a choice...I thought it was either/or, depending on the hubs you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom