Spacers for 2020 Tundra TRD Pro BBS wheels on 100 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All, This is my first time posting but I have been reading posts here for a few months now. Lots and lots of useful info. Thank you!. Please forgive any newbie mistakes! I'll correct if I can.

The reason for the post: I have a 2000 LX470 (100 Series) and recently purchased from a friend, for a great price ($500), a set of 2020 TRD Pro BBS wheels and tires. He upgraded the wheels on his Tundra TRD Pro immediately after purchasing it. From reading posts here, and everywhere else really, I know that the Tundra TRD Pro wheels fit the 100 Series no problem! I tried to find some info that's specific to the 2020 TRD Pro wheels and its ability to fit the 100 series however that info apparently is hard to come by via google alone. It's also very possible my google-fu is not very good. I took a chance anyway and brought the wheels and my 100 series to Discount Tire so I can get them installed. However there was an issue, the wheels fit in the rear fine but not in the front!

This part of the front hub, pointed to in red...
IMG_3500.jpg

is rubbing up against the inside part of the wheel before it could sit flush...

IMG_3503.jpg

As you can see there are some scratches from the attempt to fit. The Discount Tire guys had to put it all back the way it was. I asked if spacers would work. I've seen posts on here where others have added spacers to widen the stance or fit larger tires. I'm not sure if it would work for my particular use case. I'm not interested in larger wheels. Not yet anyway :). I just want to get these wheels on my 100 Series. The Discount Tire guys thinks bolt on spacers will work.

From all the posts I've read I think it will as well but I wanted to post this question specifically because like the TRD Pro wheels that I thought would fit I haven't seen any specific post or mention if spacers will work for this.

If it does work, which spacer do you suggest? What size? I've seen 1.5" and 2" spacers. Do I need spacers for the rear as well? I'd want the off set to match the rear so the wheels line up front to back. I don't want the front sticking farther than the back ones.

Possible added benefit?: I'm not sure but I think by adding the spacer it may also allow me to install the TRD center cap which I expected would normally not fit since the center hub sticks out quite a bit preventing the cap install. I would have been ok with that but if the spacers are in place, depending on the size, the center cap may fit? Thoughts?

IMG_5146.JPG

I'm told Off Road Warehouse is the place to go for this sort of thing. Any suggestions or similar experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and hopefully I didn't screw up too much for my first post.

-R

Thanks. I modified the search to "TRD Pro 100 Series" Most of the threads didn't have my specific situation. I think I found one poster on this thread that did: 200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread

Messaging them to see if the wheels came from a 2020 Tundra TRD Pro. It sounds like spacers were used so hopefully the poster can tell me which spacer and what size they used.

I believe most people go with 1.25" to 1.5" spacers as phatdragon says above. However, I have the added fender trim and went with 2" spacers made for Tundra on Amazon ($100). I measured, drew up a drawing and had them machined out at work. Works great. If you get the Tundra spacers you can get them machined at any machine shop. If you need the dimensions hit me up.

Machined Tundra Spacers

Did you get this resolved? Would be helpful to post an update for future searches.
Yup! It took a while but I finally got this done a week ago. Slee was out of stock of the rear spacers for about a month so I had to wait till they had them before ordering both the front and rear sets. I went with the spidertrax 1.25" which is is what most people including folks at Slee, recommended. The front ones fit a very specific way meaning the first try to put it in may not work. You need to turn the spacer and try and fit through the studs again it will work 1 out 5 tries as you turn the spacer to find the right fit. b I learned that the AHC on LX470 needs to be turned off before the rear is jacked up. at least at the shop i brought it in to said they need to turn off the AHC. I didn't know this but fortunately there's a button to turn it off right on the AHC controls in the center console.

Overall I spent $940 for this...
- $500 - Tires and wheels off a new 2020 Tundra TRD Pro
- $330 - Front and Rear spidertrax 1.25" spacers
- $60 - Mount and balance tires to wheels
- $50 - install spacers, new tires, dismount and dispose old tires off the old wheels

Now I have a LX470 TRD Pro :) hahaha!. Rides great. Looks great. I might be imagining things but it seems faster too. I think it's because the wheels are bigger so have more distance travelled per rotation of the tire.

IMG_4208.jpg

Now I need to figure out what i should do about the suspension. Because of the slightly larger tires I'd like to give it a little more lift.

Last edited:
I believe most people go with 1.25" to 1.5" spacers as phatdragon says above. However, I have the added fender trim and went with 2" spacers made for Tundra on Amazon ($100). I measured, drew up a drawing and had them machined out at work. Works great. If you get the Tundra spacers you can get them machined at any machine shop. If you need the dimensions hit me up.

Machined Tundra Spacers
I hadn't considered adding a fender trim to allow for an even larger spacer. I probably would have gone for it otherwise. I bet having the wider stance looks awesome. Any noticeable difference when turning?

I hadn't considered adding a fender trim to allow for an even larger spacer. I probably would have gone for it otherwise. I bet having the wider stance looks awesome. Any noticeable difference when turning?

Nah, I didn't notice any real difference. I even went from 33s no spacers to 33s with spacers, then to 35s with spacers.

Yet here we are with no pictures....

:slap:

Looking good!!!

If you could score some of the Heritage centercaps, or even maybe plastidip the red away that may really look nice too!

Looking good!!!

If you could score some of the Heritage centercaps, or even maybe plastidip the red away that may really look nice too!
Thanks for the tip. I've tried searching for an after market replacement but couldn't find any. Now i have options... 🤔

Yup! It took a while but I finally got this done a week ago. Slee was out of stock of the rear spacers for about a month so I had to wait till they had them before ordering both the front and rear sets. I went with the spidertrax 1.25" which is is what most people including folks at Slee, recommended. The front ones fit a very specific way meaning the first try to put it in may not work. You need to turn the spacer and try and fit through the studs again it will work 1 out 5 tries as you turn the spacer to find the right fit. b I learned that the AHC on LX470 needs to be turned off before the rear is jacked up. at least at the shop i brought it in to said they need to turn off the AHC. I didn't know this but fortunately there's a button to turn it off right on the AHC controls in the center console.

- $50 - install spacers, new tires, dismount and dispose old tires off the old wheels

Now I have a LX470 TRD Pro :) hahaha!. Rides great. Looks great. I might be imagining things but it seems faster too. I think it's because the wheels are bigger so have more distance travelled per rotation of the tire.

View attachment 2394572

Now I need to figure out what i should do about the suspension. Because of the slightly larger tires I'd like to give it a little more lift.

I’m resurrecting this thread! Killer setup! I have the same color LX and I’m getting ready to put a set of the BBS Forged wheels on my truck and have been having a hard time finding specifics and I was hoping you could help me?

On the spacers.. in your thread you say you went with the 1.25” ones and in your signature you say 1.5”. Which were they and do you have part numbers for the front and rear by chance?

Looks like it’s been a few years since you installed the BBS’s do you still dig the setup? Thanks!

I have a 2000 LX470 with AHC. The OEM Chrome on the wheels are peeling causing an air lead, and I just picked up a set of Tundra TRD PRO BBS forged wheels. I have not had a chance to try to put it on yet.

Is the spacer necessary in order to install the wheels, I don't mind if I can't put the center wheel cap on?
Also, what size tire do you have on yours? The ones I bought came with Toyo Open Country A/T 285/75R18, but I wonder if it's too big.

Thank y'all so much!

I would go with the 30 mm Bora or Spidertrax spacers (1.25"). Either would resolve the fitment issues. Make sure you get the milled front spacers.
Great info guys. I just ordered a set of BBS wheels for my LX470 before I read this. Where do I get the milled spacers for the front?
Thanks

View attachment 2394572

Looks great. I just ordered the same wheels for my LX. Where did you get the milled spacers for the front? Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom