Spacer needed for a early oil filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im converting my f motors oil filter back to the paper filter style. I have all the parts but the spacer that sits on top of the filter,D in the drawing below. Does someone have one to sell or have the measurements so I can make one.
oilfilter.jpeg

Description says "upper space collar" so Im guessing spacer.

If you can't locate the original part you can test fit various bushings until you find one that lightly compresses the spring 'Q' without bottoming.
Maybe use the tried and true 'stack o' washers' technique.

My mistake, I thought the line went to "E" which is listed as the gasket and not the spacer in the center between the cap and filter.

I need what is highlighted in green. There is a rubber seal sort of thing that comes with the filter. The green mark part slides over the long bolt and puts pressure on the filter to seal everything.

Have you checked to see if the part is still available ? Stranger things have happened.

I believe I have this spacer. I can take some measurements.

Thanks, that would be awesome.

Have you checked to see if the part is still available ? Stranger things have happened.

Unfortunately the spin on style started 3/69 which is the oldest date Toyota has listings for in the parts system. Without a part number a dealer wouldn't be able to help even if it is available. Have a part number can search without even going to a dealer

Measurements are approximate as this spacer was not perfectly round as its split (manufactured that way, not a crack).
50636432761_e07453ba8d_c.jpg

50635679053_4c1bcb1b06_c.jpg

50636510737_7d6e2a186f_c.jpg

50636432711_b2471eb6fb_c.jpg

50635683693_55279f2121_c.jpg

Thanks red66 for the measurements, and 1969FJ for the parts #. I will check with my local Toyota parts guy to see if it available. Easy enough to make one.

Rancho offers a bunch of sleeves very similar for adapting their shocks onto multiple vehicles. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they have one with a usable ID that just needs to be shortened.

1/2" EMT (electrical metallic tubing) is close to those measurements by red66toy.

AirFiltSpcr.jpg

1/2" EMT (electrical metallic tubing) is close to those measurements by red66toy.

View attachment 2504501

What is the interior measurement? EMT outer measurement is smaller and looks to have a thicker wall. Some thin wall rigid 1/2" copper tubing might be a option. Believe I've seen some thin wall aluminum conduit but would be afraid of dissimilar metal reaction.

The I.D. of 1/2 EMT is 15.75. It's really close and I doubt it's that critical. By the time you prime and paint it, It'll come up to spec. :)

The I.D. of 1/2 EMT is 15.75. It's really close and I doubt it's that critical. By the time you prime and paint it, It'll come up to spec. :)
This just might work. The shaft the spacer needs to go over is .558" in dia. I checked on the parts availability and it is not from my local dealer. Online someone in Fl had it listed for .27c and $8.50 shipping. Thats if they even have it.

This just might work. The shaft the spacer needs to go over is .558" in dia. I checked on the parts availability and it is not from my local dealer. Online someone in Fl had it listed for .27c and $8.50 shipping. Thats if they even have it.
I would not prime or paint it, when it flakes off where will the paint end up? It is going to be pretty much immersed in oil anyway so why bother.

I would not prime or paint it, when it flakes off where will the paint end up? It is going to be pretty much immersed in oil anyway so why bother.

Ah yes! Didn't think of that. The EMT is galvanized so it should be good. Even easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom