Space Shuttle Launch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sunset South Carolina, Tamassee, South Carolina
Had most of today off, so my wife, Madeleine and I decided to drive 2 hours north to watch the shuttle launch. We can see them clearly from down here in West Palm but it is much more dramatic when viewed near the cape. You can hear the shuttle's engines when you are within several miles. Not nearly as loud as the Saturn 1-B launch I witnessed at the cape back in '75. That mother was deafaning! :eek: Kinda like the Led Zepplin and Allman Brothers concerts of that time. Left ya with that ringing noise in your ears.

What a bummer when they scrubbed today. :crybaby: Always have been a fan of the space program. Space vehicles: The Ultimate cruisers.

Only salvation today was stopping off in Fort Pierce on the way back home and having dinner with Barry (Robertson). For those of you who don't know Barry, let me just say that he knows Cruisers. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Was hoping to post some cool pics. Maybe next time................

That'd be cool to see a launch in person, I imagine those rockets are huge, they don't look to big on TV............I wonder if the shuttle has more horse power than my cruiser???

I was really looking forward to today as well. I was living in Houston during the last mission and of course it was completely devestating. 'Naut families lived within 30 miles of us and their kids were in my wifes school district; relatives even in our church. I am anxious for NASA to show the world how it's done; again and again.

It's still on for tomorrow right?

Yeah I am in Orlando for business, head back tomorrow night. Was all excited this week about the launch today. I am down here teachin a class and when it got around 3:45 we took a break to go see it but found out it was scrubbed. Was lookin forward to seein one, never seen a launch before live.

The launch will not be a go until saturday the earliest. After July passes, next launch window will be september 9th. Weather is always a factor for summer launches.

The Saturn 1-B and Saturn-5's were the big boys. The shuttle is small compared to them. We used to watch the night time 70's moon-shots from the roof of our dorm 200+ miles to the south in Miami. Really cool. You could see all 3 stages\separate with the naked eye.

Orlando is a great place to view a launch. You guys would have had agreat view.

I would imagine Houston is a big NASA town. My wife and kids have had the pleasure of meeting several astronauts here in WPB. For a short time before we were married, my wife worked for Astronaut Edgar Mitchell, who was one of 12 men who walked on the moon.

I hope they can get this thing successfully launched soon.

my Mom went to school in little old holly hill SC with astrounaut Frank Culbertson, He has been on one Mission that I know of, not sure when he is scheduled to go up up next. Pretty cool an astrounaut from SC..ye haw!

Saw the shuttle launch today from the Keys (Key Largo). Unfortunately, all we could see was the white contrail. Nothing dramatic. Still pretty cool to watch it live on TV and then see it about 30 seconds later. That thing really hauls butt....................

Brother Barry's Enemas

Capt. Jim said:
Had most of today off, so my wife, Madeleine and I decided to drive 2 hours north to watch the shuttle launch. We can see them clearly from down here in West Palm but it is much more dramatic when viewed near the cape. You can hear the shuttle's engines when you are within several miles. Not nearly as loud as the Saturn 1-B launch I witnessed at the cape back in '75. That mother was deafaning! :eek: Kinda like the Led Zepplin and Allman Brothers concerts of that time. Left ya with that ringing noise in your ears.

What a bummer when they scrubbed today. :crybaby: Always have been a fan of the space program. Space vehicles: The Ultimate cruisers.

Only salvation today was stopping off in Fort Pierce on the way back home and having dinner with Barry (Robertson). For those of you who don't know Barry, let me just say that he knows Cruisers. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Was hoping to post some cool pics. Maybe next time................

So, how is Brother Barry? Hehe....I'm surprized Barry hasn't figured out how
to stuff a solid rocket booster in a Cruiser. Or has he? Haul his butt up
here on the next trip Capt'n! Tell him we've redone his room. He's far too
long gone from Pumpkintown. :)

Gundy said:
So, how is Brother Barry? Hehe....I'm surprized Barry hasn't figured out how
to stuff a solid rocket booster in a Cruiser. Or has he? Haul his butt up
here on the next trip Capt'n! Tell him we've redone his room. He's far too
long gone from Pumpkintown. :)

I'll try to get him up there David. I think he has an upcoming business trip overseas. Looking forwrd to hauling my butt up there soon.

ClemsonCruiser said:
Man Capt. you have a rough life..............watching shuttles fly by while fishing in the keys????

I am not jealous :rolleyes:

Did I mention the bikini-clad women and Coronas?? :grinpimp: :beer:

Capt. Jim said:
Did I mention the bikini-clad women and Coronas?? :grinpimp: :beer:
Can we do anything for you bro', I mean are you in pain or anything?
No lumps on the head? :rolleyes:

Ahhhhh.....Coronas...bikinis. Yeah. I think I hit ol'man perv designation now. Hey Mafia, what ever happened to our lady model that we met that night that Troll and I whooped you guys in Beer Pong? What was her name?

Gina, I tried to get her to come to the pig roast but no success. Shes justa big dicktease Alex leading you old men on.

hey I never complain about lookin...tease or no tease it's all good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom