sp3 case cracked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kling-on

Kool Arrow
Threads
Website
www.texas4x4.org
Ok call me a tard but all the broken case I've seen pics of brake at the nose cone and the "case savers" are the blocks on the case it self .... mines broken at the nose cone what can be done to help this??? that case brace wont help that will it ?? and yes I did a search...but did I miss something

put a new nose cone on

if you still can

was it a split case?? they are supposed to be really strong

greencruiser said:
put a new nose cone on

if you still can

was it a split case?? they are supposed to be really strong

3sp case its for the 66Fj40 Muttbuggy I'm building

The tcase saver brackets are designed to help prevent splitting the case itself (picture the input gear pushing away from the idler gear and cracking the case in the 'armpit' between the input housing and the top cover).

And yes, a lot of people crack the front output housing as well. For your application, you can gain a lot of strength in that area by bolting on a nose cone from a later tcase. The later ones had more reinforcement ribs and seem to last longer. If you still have the vacuum shifter, you may have issues with mounting the shifter setup on a later nose cone, but I've never personally dealt with that. The newer front housing will bolt on, but depending on the year, you may have to mix and match parts in order to keep the coarse-spline output shaft/flange.

e rock said:
The tcase saver brackets are designed to help prevent splitting the case itself (picture the input gear pushing away from the idler gear and cracking the case in the 'armpit' between the input housing and the top cover).

And yes, a lot of people crack the front output housing as well. For your application, you can gain a lot of strength in that area by bolting on a nose cone from a later tcase. The later ones had more reinforcement ribs and seem to last longer. If you still have the vacuum shifter, you may have issues with mounting the shifter setup on a later nose cone, but I've never personally dealt with that. The newer front housing will bolt on, but depending on the year, you may have to mix and match parts in order to keep the coarse-spline output shaft/flange.

Mmm... the case on there has a shifter and the spares are one of each .... I'll look at them and see if theres adifference and try the newer on I think ones out of a 73 and the vacum is a 70 ... but I'm not sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom