Events/Trails Southern (tip) Swine Soirée - SSS 2019 Oct 25-27 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Andy,

Who do we pay for the camp sites? Send money to you or pay when we get there.

Pay when you get there. He has an area reserved for us

Hey Andy,

Who do we pay for the camp sites? Send money to you or pay when we get there.
You can pay me when you get here. The Shawnee doesn’t take reservations for the sites so I’m going to pay for all of them from Wednesday to make sure that we have the whole CG. It’s $8 per night. The sites are huge so it’s easy for us to double or triple up as needed, depending on turn out. There are at least two concrete bathrooms, no running water though. Lots of picnic tables and lantern hooks. The site is about 15 miles to a good size town, or about 6 miles to a little town with a well stocked convenience store. Fuel and food are easy to find around here.

In other words, only crazy people go camping the last week of October in Illinois.

Even if it’s just the tip......

Here are a few highlights from today’s scouting trip. As many of you know, we’ve had tremendous flooding from heavy rains this spring and summer. Some of the trails we were going to take are too rough now for the little, or pretty rigs. But no worries lots of other options. A local place called Bald knob cross has agreed to let us park in the field
CF920F39-F3B8-4761-926E-E540DFF176EF.jpeg
B2252F71-286A-4F81-9240-60B9804CAD9E.jpeg
E94F98D0-8C54-43A8-8E55-266D8701FD45.jpeg
for a group pic on Saturday.

Really going to try and make this event. Pigs not on the road, but 100 series. Are the campsites agreeable to a 22’ Airstream ? Not sure if my wife can do tent camping yet. Would enjoy seeing a sounder of swine to keep my motivation going.

These photos are really great Maybe I will be making a trip to Illinois. I don't have a pig though.. Just me and the ole 60.

The 55 is a Pig, consider the 60 a Svelte Swine.

Really going to try and make this event. Pigs not on the road, but 100 series. Are the campsites agreeable to a 22’ Airstream ? Not sure if my wife can do tent camping yet. Would enjoy seeing a sounder of swine to keep my motivation going.

If your wife won’t come, just trailer one of your 3 pigs over and we will shove it into the photo.

We are trying to break a record here......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom