For Sale Southern NH: 1988 Toyota 4runner 1st gen 3.4L (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1988 1st generation 4runner, 5 speed manual, 3.4L V6 swap from 1996 T100. Has toyota elocker in rear differential. 286k mi on the body and frame. 186k on the engine and transfer case and 76k on the 5 speed transmission since rebuild. Truck was restored about 5 years ago, new paint, new suspension, bushings, ball joints, wheel bearings, steering, new rear differential (ring and pinion with master install kit), pretty much everything new or rebuilt 76k mi ago. Engine got new seals, timing belt, water pump, fan belts, plugs, wires, clutch. All parts used on engine and clutch were factory toyota parts. Full synthetic in the engine, changed every 7-8k miles. I oil undercoat it twice a year, including inner body cavities. No rust on body or frame except the rear fender lip. a couple small rust spots are starting to poke though on both sides around the rear fender lip. Its the SR5 package with full gauges, cruise control, AC, rear heater, power rear window - everything works. I upgraded it with power windows, power locks, remote start, bluetooth radio with XM receiver. Interior is in fair condition for the age. seats show some wear, but are not ripped. carpet is in good condition. The dash pad has 2 big cracks from the sun. Suspension is more or less stock, but the rear has sumo spring helpers installed. front and rear steel bumpers (2x4x0.125"), front skid plate, rock sliders. The front bumper has receiver for removable winch. I have the factory chrome bumpers as well. Led lights and AC inverter are hardwired in the rear cargo area. The fiberglass top has e-track mounted on it so cargo rack can be easily installed or removed. I've driven this truck across country twice and its ready to go again. Looking to get $6500, price is negotiable. Read Less

DSC_0293.JPG

20190401_081050.jpg

20190328_180850.jpg

20190328_180548.jpg

20190328_180516.jpg

Nice truck with an even nicer asking price. This thing should fly right off the classifieds!

Good luck with the sale!!

Thanks guys. I think the price is reasonable. It's a solid truck, but its been 5 years since the restoration and up close the paint is starting to look beat. It will need tires soon too. But it runs perfectly and doesn't burn a drop of oil 7000mi between oil changes. I hate to sell it, but my wife is giving me s*** about having too many 4x4s. My son will be driving soon and I wanted a car w abs and airbags for him to drive so I picked up a 4th gen 4runner as the new expedition rig.

Still have it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom