Wanted Southern Indiana: 40th Anniversary Edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
I am in southern Indiana and I’m on the hunt for a 40th Anniversary Edition 80. A little background: This would replace my 95 in Moonglow, which runs great and I love it, but it would be beaten out only by a 40th. When I was shopping before I got my 95, I just missed out on a sage 40th by offering too late, and it always hurts me a little when I think about it. My plan would be to use it as a semi-daily, splitting miles between it and a gas saver. My intent would be to basically keep it forever, so know it would be well cared for.

Some specifics:
  • Antique Sage preferred, but definitely willing to consider any color!
  • MUST be rust free. My 95 is from SoCal so I’m spoiled regarding rust
  • Stock or very close
  • Good paint and leather. They don’t have to be perfect, but I don’t want destroyed leather or something needing significant paint work either. I’m not afraid of recovering seats or a new paint job long term, but I’d really love something that'll look pretty good OEM for awhile
  • It DOES NOT need to be triple locked.
  • I'm not too afraid of higher mileage as long as it's been cared for.
  • Maintenance history is of course a bonus, and some baselining is acceptable as expected for a truck as old as these are
I am willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the US for the right truck, or to ship if the conditions are right. Since it’ll likely be some distance from me and could have a long trip home, I’ll probably want to get a PPI done (on my dime of course).

My budget is probably in the 12-15k range. I know this may be a limiting factor, especially for the very clean and lower mileage examples. But, I want to see what’s out there that someone may be willing to part with. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I suppose. Send me a PM if you have anything that fits the bill or is reasonably close to it and we can talk about it. Thanks!

I think you have seen this one in Florida.

I think you have seen this one in Florida.

This one is a bit crusty underneath but looks like it could be saved. Given the choice I would be a dry climate California truck and pay WAY too much for it. No matter what you buy, you are probably going to buy a paint job, seats, engine work and wheels so might as well spend that $20k in parts on a nice solid frame and body. I think a nice "done" 40th is going to be a $40k rig in the future so right now the money to build one is not bad if you plan on keeping it for a few years. Start with the best frame and body you can. Everything else is pretty much still available. A $6k to $10k paint job may seem cheap in 5 years if things keep going up. Just look at what these trucks sold for 3 to 5 years ago.

RKTINC.

I got some additional videos on the 40th in California on Craigslist. It does seem to fit the bill for my price range, where I can't expect too much perfection. When I consider shipping costs and some paint and interior refresh, I feel like the money may be better spent sprucing up my 95 that I already have a good handle on. I appreciate all the links to the listed trucks from everyone though. I suppose I am realizing just how particular I am and how truly wild the market is, especially for a truck like this.
If it was/is legit, it looks like the same truck is now posted under a different listing for less $. Different initial story, but same pics/description. Not sure if anyone saw in person 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 40th Anniversary fj80 - cars & trucks - by... - https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/d/boulder-creek-1997-toyota-land-cruiser/7351405858.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom