SOLD Southern California 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
White
1989 FJ62 White $35K OBO - no trades please - link to google photo album below.

Current mileage 290,9XX

Original owner had the car until just under 267K miles. Widow sold to a guy in WA. He drove it from Sparks, NV to Tacoma, WA. I purchased 12/2015 and drove it from Tacoma, WA to Los Angeles, CA.

I have a stack of maintenance receipts from 12/1998 to 2/2015 from the original owner. Like clockwork, this couple had the oil changed and tires rotated every 3,000 miles. If you would like to see a summary of maintenance with shop name, date, and mileage, just let me know. Since I have owned it, I have continued with proper maintenance.

Paint is not original. There was a respray done with the original owner. See google photo album for pics of minor bubbles and paint condition near front turn signals.

Immediately after purchasing, compression numbers were checked. 170, 180, 175, 175, 170,180. The oil galley plug fix was completed. All fluids were replaced. Valve adjustment.

Vehicle runs very smooth, and I don’t hesitate to drive it long distances. Driven from LA to Cabo and back, multiple trips to Baja, Utah, Arizona, Northern California. No problems.

Everything works. AC, Heat, Stereo, 4x4, defrost, wipers, radio antenna, etc.

Original dash was cracked but I replaced with another.

The original driver seat had a tear but I removed both front seats and replaced with BMW 3 series seats using a kit from TOR Fab.

Carpet, door cards, rubber, rear seat, and headliner all in great condition.

Added front tuffy console with 12v aux power outlet for second row.

Added Toyota grab handles to each door to match stock driver side.

Stock headlights upgraded using headlight harness (slcfj62 on IH8MUD), Hella H4, and Hella H1.

Front and Rear ARB lockers with 4:56 gears assembled by Georg at Valley Hybrids with ARB Twin compressor mounted under the hood, passenger side near firewall.

Marlin High Steer, stabilizer and 25MM Steering Pin Upgrade.

Front axle shaft replaced with RCV 30 spline with 300M. Front diff protection. At the same time, front axle was rebuilt, all bearings in front and rear axles were replaced, and replaced front hubs with new Aisin. Hub and Knuckle studs replaced with ARP.

Front and rear drive shafts made by J E Reel in Pomona.

Rear C-Channel kit (Trail Tailor)

Georg at Valley Hybrids rebuilt the transfer case and lowered the gearing to 4:1. At that time he sent the transmission out for rebuild.

Rear leaf added to stock springs with anti inversion shackle by Georg at Valley Hybrids.

Spring over lift completed using ruff stuff parts. Shackle reversal. Front Springs are SOR HD 2” with one leaf removed. Bilstein 5100 series shocks.

35” Falken AT3 on SCS F5 Matte Gunmetal rims

Injectors – removed and sent to witchhunter.com for refurb. Also replaced throttle body gasket, fuel filter, plugs and fuel pulsation damper at the same time. Work done by Jim Dickey in Gardena (RIP).

New belts plus new set of spares.

Dual Optima Yellow tops mounted under the hood. Install done by George at Valley Hybrids. IBS dual battery controller.

Front and Rear 4plus bumpers. Front has Warn M8000S winch. Rear has tire carrier and dual can holder.

ARB Breather kit.

White Knuckle rock sliders.

Recently replaced exhaust, cats and O2 sensors.

Windows tinted at G5 in Alhambra using Llumar Charcoal Ceramatrix. 5% front window visor, 30%front doors, 5% rear doors. Lifetime warranty.

Basic Pioneer CD with AM/FM and Aux came from previous owner. I replaced all four speakers with Pioneer.

Tailgate tent (DAC Explorer 2) that allows you to open the rear while camping for better ventilation and entry.

Link to photo album available with photos are arranged by date from oldest to newest. https://photos.app.goo.gl/L3fPJuwZceQTyQxA7

1 Exterior driver angle.jpg

2 Exterior pass angle.jpg

3 Exterior front angle.jpg

4 Exterior rear.jpg

5 Jason 08 engine reduced.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, Any rust or rust spots anywhere on the body or frame? Thx!

No rust on the frame. There are a couple small paint bubbles that I took pictures of in the Google photo album.

Bump - will be added to ebay 6/15/2023 1PM PT with a reserve set at $30K and buy it now of 35K

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom