SOLD Southern California, 1981 Toyota Landcruiser BJ44 RHD Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Brown
Outside Link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQ6bvgiBL5QgxUcz9
Hi there I’m selling my 1981 Toyota Landcruiser BJ44 diesel RHD. It runs and drives great everything works except the factory AC,
decent body rust fiberglass from hood and fenders, drives like a champ just don’t wanna deal with california emissions for Grey market car. This car runs like a champ I acquired it this last November with the intentions of doing a full restore and making it my daily driver. This rig get great fuel mileage, everything works including the 4x4. The body does have rust, none on frame. I am open to shipping it anywhere, obviously freight would be on you. Here are some photos feel free to text me about the rig, I'm sad to let her go but California emissions states this vehicle is SMOG exempt however since im bringing it to California they want me to put too many mods on the rig
Jon (909) 753-6683
asking 17,500

ef801d03eb754ef0ad1b5ff82c7c9808.jpg

50e42aa016ca40dd9dd22b690d50b2e6.jpg

d28729c508104c23975908b482a6f719.jpg

af32db89545248dd8512e9475c841791.jpg

what kind of mods does CA want you to put on it?
title?

what kind of mods does CA want you to put on it?
title?
Good morning california wants me to put a diesel particulate filter and a form of exhaust mod to make it air compliant, it’s ridiculous because technically the vehicle is smog exempt, so I’d rather sell I love my rig but didn’t intend to do all that

Move out of CA! Keep the rig.

Just some advice. Add more pics here or in the link above. Full exterior and interior. Video shows only so much. Show rust areas. What engine is in it? 2B?3B? Other? Under carriage pics are key as well. At first glance it seems fairly priced.

Just some advice. Add more pics here or in the link above. Full exterior and interior. Video shows only so much. Show rust areas. What engine is in it? 2B?3B? Other? Under carriage pics are key as well. At first glance it seems fairly priced.
Thank you will do!

Hi there I’m selling my 1981 Toyota Landcruiser BJ44 diesel RHD. It runs and drives great everything works except the factory AC,
decent body rust fiberglass from hood and fenders, drives like a champ just don’t wanna deal with california emissions for Grey market car. This car runs like a champ I acquired it this last November with the intentions of doing a full restore and making it my daily driver. This rig get great fuel mileage, everything works including the 4x4. The body does have rust, none on frame. I am open to shipping it anywhere, obviously freight would be on you. Here are some photos feel free to text me about the rig, I'm sad to let her go but California emissions states this vehicle is SMOG exempt however since im bringing it to California they want me to put too many mods on the rig
Jon (909) 753-6683
asking 17,500

2B diesel engine
Newer batteries from Japan
Tires and breaks great condition
Blinkers and all lights work
Starts easy 1st turn

2B diesel engine
Newer batteries from Japan
Tires and breaks great condition
Blinkers and all lights work
Starts easy 1st turn
I could REALLY use a bit of help.. I have an 82 BJ44 with an electrical problem.. Any chance you can point me to a book that'll have diagrams in English or even Spanish? 2 batteries, 12v and 24v system.. I know the headlights are 24V, not sure about the rest. ANY info or guidance greatly appreciated.

I could REALLY use a bit of help.. I have an 82 BJ44 with an electrical problem.. Any chance you can point me to a book that'll have diagrams in English or even Spanish? 2 batteries, 12v and 24v system.. I know the headlights are 24V, not sure about the rest. ANY info or guidance greatly appreciated.
So, I just googled everything when I had issues yes the entire system is 24v if you follow your batteries and check to see if you have any converters then you’ll know if you have any accessories or anything running on 12v like mine has a 12v head unit, also check Amazon and type in 24v 1982 bj44 electrical diagram and one for sale a book that is for $25

Just a question for you from a previous 30yr resident of CA but have you tried registering it through another dmv station? I used to work at a resto shop and have worked and owned many vehicles. I always stayed in the 75 and under realm to get away from the smog rules. I’m currently searching for another 40/bronco and this peaked my interest. I’m in the military now stationed in Virginia beach but my duty stations put me back between here and San Diego. What has changed? It clearly states on their website that diesel powered 97 and older don’t require inspections so why do they want you to install that equipment. I would hit up another dmv location or even look into those ($$) companies that you pay to register your vehicles for you maybe you can find a teller that will just run the paperwork. This pretty much negates any diesel powered vehicle that I might want to buy that is post-75.

Just a question for you from a previous 30yr resident of CA but have you tried registering it through another dmv station? I used to work at a resto shop and have worked and owned many vehicles. I always stayed in the 75 and under realm to get away from the smog rules. I’m currently searching for another 40/bronco and this peaked my interest. I’m in the military now stationed in Virginia beach but my duty stations put me back between here and San Diego. What has changed? It clearly states on their website that diesel powered 97 and older don’t require inspections so why do they want you to install that equipment. I would hit up another dmv location or even look into those ($$) companies that you pay to register your vehicles for you maybe you can find a teller that will just run the paperwork. This pretty much negates any diesel powered vehicle that I might want to buy that is post-75.
I’ve tried 4 different Dmv’s however you need to look at grey market vehicle registration, once it’s registered it doesn’t need smog but it’s not registered so it still doesn’t need smog, it needs to meet california standards for air, california air review board prior to registration believe me I’ve tried every channel

Have you thought about registering it in another state? Like MT owned by an LLC? Lots of people use this loophole.

Try AAA. They have DMV services. I’ve been going through them for 15+ years for my registration needs.
Never for an out of country reg, but worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom