Southern Arizona Adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
Pics. Just pics. Not too many since I need to resize them … and that's a pain.

Signs.

20181220_134047-sm.jpg

20181220_134144-sm.jpg

20181222_121034-sm.jpg

20181223_114156-sm.jpg

20181223_122305-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Watch your step.

20181222_143701-sm.jpg

20181224_124131-sm.jpg

20181225_113757-sm.jpg

20181224_121356-sm.jpg

Oh ya, truck shots. Camps and trails.

20181221_102329-sm.jpg

20181226_074000-sm.jpg

20181223_160804-sm.jpg

20181225_093532-sm.jpg

20181226_090517-sm.jpg

Landscapes. How to limit to just 5?

IMGP3894-sm.jpg

IMGP4042-sm.jpg

IMGP4248-sm.jpg

IMGP4306-sm.jpg

IMGP4524-sm.jpg

Very nice!

Also, small world. On the way back today I received a text from Evan. He was going west on I-40 as I was traveling east in Grants. Plus, yesterday I was driving the highway from Mesa to Payson. I ended up behind an FZJ80. I didn't pay much attention until I saw the "IH8MUD" Louisiana license plate. We both waved as I passed. Well, turns out she recognized my truck. It was Claudia, @DSRTRDR.

Last edited:

years ago, we took one of the exploded ones :hillbilly:- figured they aren't of any use anymore, and displayed it on a shelf - was a good conversation starter while we lived in Nebraska

actually, I didn't recognize your truck, but I somehow was convinced you knew that the license plate referred to MUD or you wouldn't have waved - so I did some digging, the NM license plate made it easy :D

:cheers:

I have. ain't mtbing in the great desert SW fun and exciting! I miss Tucson about this time of year. Glad you got to see Yuma without frying.

Pappy - beautiful shots as always! Looks like a very interesting place.

It was funny to be driving down the road and see your 4Runner going by the other direction - had to be you - it's one of a kind. We had snow all the way from Gallup to Holbrook, then down to Heber/Overgaard and continuing on through Payson, finally turning into rain as we got closer to Phx. Luckily not much of it was sticking - only put the truck in 4WD a couple times - otherwise could have turned into a very long drive.

@pappy Are you heading down to meet the ROF group?

Can't. I really wanted to but logistics got in the way. Ace is there through February, so I'm not totally ruling out a jaunt down there.

Can't. I really wanted to but logistics got in the way. Ace is there through February, so I'm not totally ruling out a jaunt down there.

Im on the same plan for visiting ACE.
Do you have an AZ plan or just roaming around?

Are you asking if I had a plan for the AZ trip last week? Yes, I needed a permit, and I needed to let both the base and Cabeza Prieta know I was coming, and where I was going. I didn't need to be specific with location and time. Just the areas I was planning on visiting.

Neither the base or the refuge share that information with the Border Patrol.

Last edited:
Are you asking if I had a plan for the AZ trip last week? Yes, I needed a permit, and I needed to let both the base and Cabeza Prieta know I was coming, and where I was going. I didn't need to be specific with location and time. Just the areas I was planning on visiting.

Neither the base or the refuge share that information with the Border Patrol.

I didnt know if you were still in the area.

Yes I found the lack of shared info and love strange.

lack of info sharing has to do with all three agencies belonging to different departments

Great trip, John. Those landscapes are stunning. Was there anything blooming, or is that something that happens mainly in summer with the monsoons?

Great trip, John. Those landscapes are stunning. Was there anything blooming, or is that something that happens mainly in summer with the monsoons?
Ya, quite a bit. That was actually why I went down there. I've been getting reports that Anza-Borrego just on the other side in CA was blooming. I thought I would go to AZ and see what was going on. The annuals were still, mostly, small and looking dry. It's way early. They had some rain while I was there, and rain yesterday. It could be a good year for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom