SOLD Southern Alberta, 1980/1983 BJ42.(Sale pending) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
It is the truck in my sig line. My baby.

Being self employed, the Covid situation has put me out of business. I have no choice but to put my BJ42 up for sale. BC registration. Can go to the US. Description as follows:

“1980” BJ42 Lancuriser, diesel 3B engine, factory 5 speed and power steering. This is a custom build, professionally done, on the Lower Mainland of BC in approximately 2008. A 1983 Chassis was utilized along with a 1980 Body (original 1980 VIN plate, hence registered as 1980). The 1983 Chassis brought the build a solid frame in very good condition along with the factory 5 speed transmission and the factory power steering that were only installed in ’83 and newer. To eliminate the inherent rust issues these vehicles had in the rear tub, at the time of building an Aqualu Aluminum tub with integral, internal storage locker was utilized. The rust free front half of a 1980 body was used along with the hard top, ambulance rear doors, side doors, windshield frame, hood, fenders and rad support/grille. The original roll cage and rear jump seats are also in place. The original 3B diesel engine of the ’83 was retained as well as the original radiator. At this time an Australian ATX turbo kit was installed and the vehicle was given a “spring over” lift with the addition of 35″ BFG Mud Terrains (older tread pattern). Being the original 24V electrical system a Warn 12,000 lb, 24V, winch was installed with Warn plates. The original 4.10 axle ratios were retained and a anti twist ladder bar was added to the rear axle to prevent spring wrap under high torque rock crawling. This vehicle was used as a daily driver from the date of build until 2018. Being currently located in Alberta and still registered in BC, it has only been used in non winter months and when trailer hauled to private lands. Has not seen any highly technical off-roading, just casual back country touring. Some minor spares come with the vehicle and the Hi-Lift jack is included.

This vehicle would make a good base for a restoration or for final tweeking into a top of the line example of the BJ42 Lancruiser class.

Due to it’s age, it can be imported into the USA and I would be willing to negotiate delivery (once paid in full) to a border crossing in BC, Alberta, or Saskatchewan.

Highlights:

1983 Chassis with original factory running gear.

1980 Body

Aqualu Aluminum tub professionally installed.

ATX Turbo kit professionally installed.

Spring over lift.

35″ BFG Mud Terrains.

12,000 lb Warn 24V Winch.

Main spares:

New Radiator in box.

New, boxed Aqualu front rad support.

Original “third member” with 4.10 gears.

Original steering wheel.

Misc. small pieces.

Priced at appropriate market value for this vehicle and the included equipment/upgrades it is offered for sale at $22,000 CDN Dollars or $18,500 US Dollars. Reasonable offers will be considered.

Last edited:
Would love to see pictures as well

Just trying to figure out how to post them. Not very technically competent here. I'll see if this works?

LC.jpg
LC1.jpg
LC2.jpg

YES, WORKED!!! Only took me about 5 tries LOL.

Well built rig from the sounds of it. Any shots of the inside and underside?

They will come when I get back out to the sons ranch where it is stored.

Some additional pictures, more coming. Just as it came right out of barn from the winter. No washing, no touching up, what you see is actual.

dr side 1.jpg

dr side.jpg

engine compartment.jpg

Fr frame L.jpg

Fr frame R.jpg

Some additional pictures, more coming. Just as it came right out of barn from the winter. No washing, no touching up, what you see is actual.

fr underside L.jpg

Fr underside R.jpg

L rear underside.jpg

l underside mid.jpg

mid underside R.jpg

pass side 1.jpg

Pass side.jpg

R rear underside.jpg

rear frame L.jpg

Rear frame R.jpg

Be reasonable with your offers. I do have a bit of room but have passed on 16.5K Cdn...twice, FYI. Do have a Gooseneck trailer and will negotiate delivery in Western Provinces or to West Canada border crossing into the US.

As the pics show, solid unit. Has been used but not abused. Spare 3rd member and new in box rad. Also have original steering wheel.

PM me with your contact information. I'm looking to get back into a cruiser as the kids are getting older as are the dogs. Thanks

First fire up of the season. Had to swap out one battery as it would not charge after the winter. Took it for a drive around the acreage. Running like a clock as usual. Going to miss the old girl when she goes!

Took a video but it's too large to post. Oh well, I'm not a computer guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom