Southbound and Needing a Campsite (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys, I'm from the Vancouver Island Cruisers. My buddy and I are heading down to California and are looking for a place to camp south of the border for our first night. Leaving Tuesday October 11th after work (7pm Ferry putting us at the Peace Arch around 9pm). We'd rather not drive too far past there (max 2hrs). just looking to get a jump on the drive.
Totally content sleeping up a spur or anything where we wont be bothered or get in trouble for being there.

any help is appreciated! thanks!

13744167_330098230711889_1691281071_n.jpg

Awesome thanks, not sure how it works south of the border, are you able to camp on forest service roads in pull outs or dead ends?

Short answer yes. If your along major roads you may have PD check you out. Also along the I5 corridor it would take a bit of a drive E or W to get to FS Roads that won't garner a second look. If your willing to take a longer detour I can prob recommend something more scenic / less campsite.

how far is far? may be keen! ultimately well play it by ear when the day comes, but camping somewhere more scenic is part of the experience of the trip and worth pushing a bit further for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom