For Sale South Orange County CA - 1969 FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well folks, I am entertaining the idea of letting this go. I did not realize how difficult it is to get parts for these and in my older years its not as easy for me to work on stuff like this anymore.

I am asking $4500, however, I am open to offers; I am located in Southern California, South Orange County.

(714) 277-2795

The car is about 80% complete; it is missing the door handles and rear window parts.

It will need all new mouldings and seals.

No door panels, no headliner.

Door glass is all there, windows roll up and down.

There is a small crack in the windshield, not sure if it can be repaired.

There was some rust on the floors, just a couple pinholes going through, otherwise pretty solid.

Obviously some rust in the lower door panel areas, not horrible though.

The engine runs, stock inline 6 cylinder; probably a 3-speed trans.

I am installing an electric fuel pump, the stock mechanical pump is there and it seems to pump gas, however I couldn’t get it to run with that fuel pump – I had to pour gas into the fuel line.
Still working on getting the brakes bled.
Let me know if you have any questions.

If you think I am completely out of my mind asking $4500, please let me know. You guys know these cars better than anyone, and I appreciate your input. Maybe I would be better parting it out?

Thanks!

A20190729_124750.jpg

A20190729_124706.jpg

20190812_121952.jpg

A20190720_163715.jpg

20190812_183726.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but not much there for $4500. She's been hacked on pretty good, looks to be a parts wagon for somebody from my point of view. All the good parts (hard to find $) are gone, so I wouldn't expect a lot of money from it.

Good luck with the sale.

I'd go with a bit high. But it also isn't the worst I've seen. If I owned it, I'd be ecstatic to get about $3k.

One issue is the missing separate marker light in the front fender(could be swapped fenders) Similar issue is the missing marker light in the rear quarter panels... this is absolutely hacked out.

As for other 'body' issues, it looks like someone went wild with a sander on the paint. Not pretty and won't help with a sale. But the body appears pretty solid.

Another issue is the missing 'vacuum' 4wd pod inside. For a 'purist', it would hurt.

Cracked windshield isn't helpful :(

Do you have the heaters?
What about the lights? What should they look like?
And what is the vacuum 4wd pod?

Your marker lights should look like my green one:

Notice how there is a red marker light on the rear quarter? Yours has that 'hole' filled in. At the front fender just ahead of the Land Cruiser badge is a yellow marker. Yours could be filled in OR it could have been swapped from a 75+ FJ55.

The vacuum pod is one of the circled boxes in this picture:
dash_needed_sml-jpg.2033563

Your pod is completely missing.

The above green 55 was ~$5k 10 years ago and in much more complete condition.
I do not see the pod picture.

If you decide to part it :) I'll take the sunvisors and rear round reflectors and chrome rings. I need them both!!

If you look at the dash picture, there are 'three' sections:
- upper part with the Land Cruiser dash plaque
- middle part with the radio, heater control, etc
- lower part that is below the wood trim piece - it is partially blocked by the transmission shifter but is circled by a red box.

Here it is 'zoomed' in a bit more:
View attachment 2057262
This is what it looked like before I took it apart.

20190717_113902.jpg

20190720_151240.jpg

Looks like it was converted to later model floor mounted transfer case shifter. That’s why the vacuum module is gone.

The front grill is the best part

There’s eBay market then there’s pig brotherhood market

You chose

There’s eBay market then there’s pig brotherhood market
No truer words spoken, That’s why we send people parts for the price of shipping. Several have been great to me, and I hope i’ve passed on parts as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom